1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,
New here

making decision on putting fogs in my trailblazer 05 LS . thinking of putting them in my tow hooks opening and putting some other lights or other fogs in the fog opening as well . think thats too much ?? over kill ???

Have not decided on what fog lights? manufacture etc ?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
i imagine that if you do it, it would be simply because you know they are there... i dont think you would/would be allowed to drive with three sets of lights blinding other motorists. i think its a natural way to fill the 'tow hook' openings, and would look good filled out with some clean lenses. go for it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i imagine that if you do it, it would be simply because you know they are there... i dont think you would/would be allowed to drive with three sets of lights blinding other motorists. i think its a natural way to fill the 'tow hook' openings, and would look good filled out with some clean lenses. go for it!
i am so undecided and not sure the how to yet ......... what do you mean " it would be simply because you know they are there... " you mean the tow hooks opening and also by clean lenses you mean clear not any colored ... forgive my not understanding

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
nah, i mean its going to essentially be for aesthetic reasons. they wont serve any functional purpose since its unlikely you would drive with all of them operating. however, the openings would look great filled in with lenses that fit properly. it would just be a slick looking front end. and i dont imagine you would use colored lenses for the fog/driving lights...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i think your saying put dummy lights in or lenses in the fog opening and put real fog lights in the hook opening ??? if i go in the hook opening i would have to mount on the frame not the plastic bumper because it migh shake etc ..... any ideas on fogs for the hooks manufacture etc or they all the same

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would like true working fogs cause i do tow and some nights it will be helpfull

suggestions , suggestions

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I say put OEM fogs in the stock locations (after you cut out the bumper plastic ribs) then get a set of driving lights to put in the tow hook area and wire them to your High beams

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I head somewhere that the oem fogs are more
For show and not good for real fog use. Why can't I find oem fogs anywhere ?am I not looking in the right places

1 - 9 of 9 Posts