Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cut out the fog light holes and bought a smal set of aftermarket fogs to go in them. However, I am not sure where to ground them at. Any ideas? I am not the most electrical saavy guy... :eek:)

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Just about any bolt or nut on the frame can be used. Or you can go directly to one of the battery ground wires. Or you can use a self drilling screw. Just don't drill into any tubes, radiator or power steering cooler. Sand the paint off from under the nut or screw head to get the best ground.:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
Just about any bolt or nut on the frame can be used. Or you can go directly to one of the battery ground wires. Or you can use a self drilling screw. Just don't drill into any tubes, radiator or power steering cooler. Sand the paint off from under the nut or screw head to get the best ground.:m2:
yup yup :iagree:

just a little confuzzled as to why this is under northwest :undecided :crazy:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup yup :iagree:

just a little confuzzled as to why this is under northwest :undecided :crazy:
I live in the NW and might need some help with it from one of the local guys. I got under the car yesterday and tried everything. Anyone local have a volt meter? Maybe I just got a bum pair of lights?!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I would be glad to help you out at the meet if you still have not figured it out by then. I've wired many fog lights in my short life.:cool:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Ill bring my tools (and Digital multimeter) to the meet as well. Havent done fog lights but Ive done a bunch of other wiring on my TB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 04 trailblazer and put HI D'S in for fogs and my right one won't come on. Good light but it's a ground issue and I do t know where the ground wire is for it. Any suggestions in how to find it or what to do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts