Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any way to get the button for the fog lights without buying the whole headlight switch housing. I wanted to get two so i can wire them for my roof mount lights when i finish them and for my fogs. I think it would look amazing compared to any aftermarket button.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Could you hard wire them to the switch so you don't have to flash the ecm. I would like to do this with mine I put in, just don't want to flash the system so they'll work like factory.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Could you hard wire them to the switch so you don't have to flash the ecm. I would like to do this with mine I put in, just don't want to flash the system so they'll work like factory.
I was just going to ask exactly the same thing. If I get a set of fogs I want the factory fog switch but i don't want to mess with the computer at all, I'll just run them off a relay, just want the factory switch look

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You shouldn't

I would run it from the battery right to the switch and add a fuse right before the battery it should work perfectly and look stock on the inside. There would be no reason to reflash the ecu in my opinion.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
I would run it from the battery right to the switch and add a fuse right before the battery it should work perfectly and look stock on the inside. There would be no reason to reflash the ecu in my opinion.:m2:
True, if you hard wire it with a separate fuse. Otherwise, if it is set up the way the stock fogs are, the system won't recognize it is there until you flash it from what I understand.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Seems like I read somewhere on here that on the harness going to the light switch the pink? wire is the fog light wire, but it also seems like I read there is something wierd about the way that switch works, but I'm not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts