Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody, 1st post and I'm probably the biggest novice when it come to cars.

I have been having a very strange problem with my 2002 GMC Envoy.I don't have the Bose speakers, so, as far as I know, there is no external amp. I bought this car used, and I have noticed that there is a wire connected to the ignition fuse that seems to go back near the second fuse box. I also noticed there is a Legacy hi/low impedance adapter and some speaker wire that is after market, not sure what that is for but it looks relevant. The speaker wire and wire from the fuse seem to go into the seat(?)

The FM radio stations are INCREDIBLY quiet, like you have to be silent to hear them with it turned all the way up. Static on FM channels comes in loud, it's only actual stations that can be found with seek. The AM radio works fine and stations are loud, same with CDs. This leads me to believe it is not the amp, because other things work. Also, this went out all at once, so I don't think it's anything with speakers. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the hi/low impedance adapter. I have visually checked the radio fuse and it seemed to be in working order too.
Thanks for your troubleshooting help

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Wow, I have the exact same problem, except it is in a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier. Stock radio. For a long time I thought the FM stations did not work at all, until I turned up the volume all the way with the car off, and I could barely hear them. AM stations and CD worked fine, so I knew it wasn't a speaker problem. Seeking through FM stations stopped at the right places so I didn't think it was a problem with the antenna. Did you ever figure out the cause of the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts