Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the owners manual and noticed i need to change the automatic transfer case fluid--is there a write up on this with pics? I did a search and found one, but the pics were red x's.

Also when doing the search I found a lot of questions about changing the front and read diff fluid--are there write up's with pics on these? when should I do them? I do not see them mentioned in the owner;s manual.

Our TB has 54,xxx miles on it.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Yes there are write-ups on this, use the search button. Also auto-zone has Auto-TracII fluid(which is GM) and it's cheaper than stealership cost. It is for your transfer case only. Use Mobil 1 75w90 for your differentials. Dexron VI for your transmission. Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Look again and you should see some posts by me with an exploded parts view of the front diff and transfer case. Those show the drain and fill plugs. You will be happier with a fluid pump or bottle nozzle adapter to get the new fluid into the fill plugs.

I did my diffs at 50K, but most members wait until 100K if they're not driving hard. Your rear diff doesn't have a drain plug, you remove the cover. Always make sure you can open the fill plug before removing the drain plug or cover, in case you can't get the fill plug open you don't want to be SOL.

There is no how-to article because it's a very standard procedure covered on many other automotive sites. Just Google for it. Or look at the diffs. It's very obvious.

For instance:
http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/diff-1.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.