Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's in the Owner's Manual and easily discovered in a search here. But here's the answer anyway:

Differential Fluid
Rear . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.0 pints (1.9 L)
Front . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.0 pints (0.8 L)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah ive been searching for an hour and couldnt find a definitive answer. About 10min after I posted this I stumbled on a thread where about 7 pages in you stated the above... whoopss. First place I started was in the manual but all I could find was the oil type to be used, nothing about amounts. I have an 02 tblaze.

Thanks for the info tho

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Ooops. Sorry. That was one of the errors in the 2002 manual I just copied from. I just fixed my original post.

Basically you have to buy three quarts, since it doesn't come in pints. Try to stuff 2 in the rear and 1 in the front. Stop when it runs out of the fill hole. It's not very critical as to level as long as you're near the fill hole.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
Just changed my 06 last night. 1 quart gets you close to coming out the fill hole for the front. 2 quarts for the rear and the oil will run out the fill hole. I believe the general rule is if your can stick your pinky finger in the hole and touch oil you are good enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.