Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done alot of searching about the flowmaster super 44 and i plan on buying one soon. I had a super 44 on my 99 blazer 4.3L and i loved it plus ive heard some sound clips of trailblazers wth I6's and the super 44 and i liked it. So anyways ive searched and found out that the stock pipe size is 2.75 but I cant seem to find any super 44's with innlet 2.75 inch and dual outlet 2.75 (i wanna run duels). I plan on bringing it to a muffler shop to have them weld it. So my question is what would be better inlet 2.5 and dual outlet 2.5 or 3.0 inlet 3.0 dual outlet? Thanks so much

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put a 3" on mine the stock pipe will fit inside with almost no gap (on mine anyway). To clarify it fits inside a 3" pipe not the muffler, I had to put some short 3" pieces in the muffler.

Note: I put a 60 series in and it is a little obnoxious, something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Note: I put a 60 series in and it is a little obnoxious, something to keep in mind.
I had the super 44 on my blazer with the 4.3L v6 and i loved it i actually wanted it louder haha so im not to worried about that anyways ill bring it to the exhaust shop and have them weld it on. Looks like im buying the 3.00 to 2.50 thanks everyone

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
422 Posts
I just put the 44 on my TB. it's not finished yet as I ran out of time and it's a straight dump right out of the muffler. But I purchased a 2.5 inlet and 2.5 outlet. The stock pipe size for our exhaust is OD 2.75 and the edges of the muffler matched up pretty close with no gaps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts