Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on purchasing the Flowmaster muffler 40 series for a 2005 Trailblazer LS and i don't know if there is a specific size to get for exmaple :Center Inlet / Dual Outlet (3in inlet/2.5 outlet) ,Offset Inlet / Center Outlet ,or Offset Inlet / Offset Outlet. PLease help a brother out,lol. If anybody could give me any guidance on this please do, and if you know of any videos please give me the link.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
73 Posts
Its depends what you want. If you want to make it simple and do a muffler swap, go with the center inlet and center outlet. I made mine look like dual exhaust, so I got the center inlet and dual outlet. I think the exhaust piping is 2.5. Don't quote me on it though. I went with the flowmaster 50 series and its pretty loud. You can here me when I get on it from a couple of blocks away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The stock muffler is a Center in, Offset Out. The TB has an odd size exhaust, 2.75 " OD. It is a butt weld to the inlet on a 2.5 " Flowmaster. The Flowmaster is going to be shorter than stock so you'll either have to add a pipe in or have a complete exhaust built from the muffler back. 40 series is going to be LOUD, with lots of resonance. I've got a 50 series and it is fairly loud with some mid-throttle resonance. The wife says she can hear me for a block and a half when I leave the house. I don't get a lot of the "drone" that some complain about between 1500-1800 RPM but plenty of resonance during half throttle acceleration. I would anticipate the 40 will have more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I have the 50 series flowmaster 3in inlet and dual 2.5in outlet and it sounds pretty good. You just gotta make sure you pick a muffler shop that bends their own pipes. I went to like three different ones and they all told me that their is no room but there is plenty of room if you find the right shop. and if you go to Youtube and type in trailblazer there is alot of videos of trailblazers with dual exhaust from flomaster, magnaflow and there are some others so good luck

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
The stock muffler is a Center in, Offset Out. The TB has an odd size exhaust, 2.75 " OD. It is a butt weld to the inlet on a 2.5 " Flowmaster. The Flowmaster is going to be shorter than stock so you'll either have to add a pipe in or have a complete exhaust built from the muffler back. 40 series is going to be LOUD, with lots of resonance. I've got a 50 series and it is fairly loud with some mid-throttle resonance. The wife says she can hear me for a block and a half when I leave the house. I don't get a lot of the "drone" that some complain about between 1500-1800 RPM but plenty of resonance during half throttle acceleration. I would anticipate the 40 will have more.

sooo the 40 will be annoyingly loud? i want like a sleeper sound. like low drone at idle but get loud when i get on it. i got an 06 tbLT 4x4. and wanna make it sound better. i see all theres threads and half of them are saying cut n tip it. i like the magnaflow look but like everyone says its friggin expensive.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
if you want a sleeper sound you might wanna try like a dynomax super turbo. louder than stock but softer than the the flowmaster

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
I know i have a v-8 but i am really happy with the 50 series suv muffler It is suppose to help with some of the drone that comes along with suv and performance exhaust. just my :m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
isnt there 2 types of 50 series?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
which 40 series flowmaster would be better the american thunder, delta , or super. i have a 02 tb ltz 4x4.:confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
559 Posts
which 40 series flowmaster would be better the american thunder, delta , or super. i have a 02 tb ltz 4x4.:confused:
lol dont go with the super 44 Delta. i have that and unless you want lots of drone in the cab dont go with it. unless your putting the muffler where the resonator goes.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
lol dont go with the super 44 Delta. i have that and unless you want lots of drone in the cab dont go with it. unless your putting the muffler where the resonator goes.
i was thinking of doing something a lil different like getting the 40 series single turnout, but ill have to get it custom built since they dont make it for the 02.:undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
23 Posts
I'm actually debating getting the 40 series or the 50 delta. I really want to get the 40 series and go all out! HAHA. Although, I've heard the 50 delta has a very nice tone but is still plenty loud!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts