Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on Tuesday to have the exhaust done on the Envoy. I am going to go big single, and the muffler guy (He did flowmaster 40s on my 5.7 Silverado, and I love it) has suggested either the super 40, or the Delta 50 (It is my Wife's truck). I was wondering if anyone had this set up, or had a sound bite from either one. I have found similar sound bites, but they are all duals.
Thanks.:undecided

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I guess nobody else has done this, but I can tell you the Delta 50 was the right choice. It has a great low rumble, and even at idle sounds strong. I read where someone said that you wouldn't notice when the DOD cuts in, but with this set up it is noticeable. It has a bit of a "burble" when it cuts back to 4 cylinders, but it sounds sweet when you get on it. Defiantly a nice rumble from inside and out. Anybody who wants to get a nice sound out of their 5.3, but doesn't want the cost of a dual system, this is the way to go.

Attachments

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,421 Posts
looks good :thumbsup:, I'm going to be going with the 70 series, because of the DOD and I want the light rumble but not a lot of noise.....a friend of mine has the 70 and it sounds just right for me.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
634 Posts
Hay sorry i didn't see yor first post I put the flowmater 50 series suv and i love it glad to here your loving it too. Did you get just the plain 50 series.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a Delta series 50. Like I said in the first post, my exhaust guy suggested a Super 40, cause he new how much I like the straight 40 series set up on my 5.7 Silverado, but after doing some research on Flowmaster's site and Youtube, I decided on the Delta 50 big single although I couldn't find one other than duals with sound. My truck has 373 gears, and other than a AFE replacement air filter and now the exhaust, I don't think I will do anything more for a bit. The power and ride is excellent! Probably the PCMforless tune will be next. Here is the side view of the tip

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.