Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went to a shop yesterday after days and days of pondering whether to get a flowmaster installed and went ahead and did it:) Now i have a few questions.

When talking to the guy at the shop i said i was looking for a dual exhaust. He proceeded to tell me that getting the dual exhaust would essentially rob you of power since you have the exhaust exiting two ways instead of just straight-through. Im no an expert on exhaust so im looking for opinions on this. He also said getting the dual exhaust there was a chance of me burning the spare tire and also some ABS wire or something underneath the vehicle. Any truth in this?? So i just went ahead and got the exhaust but i had a faux tip put in the back to make it look like i have dual exhaust. Pic below. The one on the left is the faux one. So is there any real benefit to get a dual exhaust compared to the single one. I only paid 438 to get everything installed so i feel i did pretty good on that.

And with the 50 installed i do feel an incredible amount of pickup now. The drone isnt to bad except at low RPM's. I have a CAI installed as well.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
You really wont lose any HP due to dual exit exhaust (maybe .5 lol). Its kind of liking putting an exhaust on. You really arent going to see any gains w/ exhaust, its more for sound.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
As far as burning the spare tire and ABS wire: If the system is designed and installed correctly there should be no problems. These are not true dual exhaust. IMO they are for looks only. Having said that, I like the looks of duals. It kind of balances the looks of the back. I had friends do the faux pipe for just that reason back in the 60's. And everyone knows chrome increases horsepower. :crackup: You also have to remember to dirty-up the fake pipe so it looks real.:D

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
nice system, wheere in jersey are you? and try to get some photos and videos of it now

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am actually in Monmouth County as well, Howell. Ill have some more pics up soon. I have to get a good vid camera. I took one with my cam phone but you cant hear it to well.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
dude i'm trying to get a list of all the jersey member, so we will know who all of us are better, add yourself... the thread is called jersey boys

·
Registered
143 Posts
looks very nice!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts