Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2006 Envoy with the inline 6 engine. About a year ago I replaced nearly my whole front end suspension. When I was buying parts to replace everything I decided to go with the heavier duty coil springs that are for the models with the vortec V8. My decision for this was to get a higher front end without having to buy any sort of lift for the front, it worked. Now I've been doing some research and came across flipped UCA's and I am wondering if it would be worth it to flip the UCA's since the front end does sit relatively higher than stock and the UBJ's do have the angle that other people have mentioned.

Another reason for the question is that one of my front tires (I currently don't remember which) sits noticeably further forward than the other and I'm wondering if this could also fix that issue or if anyone could give me advice on how to fix that issue.

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
14 Posts
I dont know about flipping the uca, that sounds like a bad idea. But for the caster problem, I can tell you what I did. I noticed my tire was rubbing after I got my 2" spacers on, I put my hand behind the tire at 9 O'clock and it came out to a 2 finger space, I tried on the other side at the same position and it was almost a 5 finger gap. I took it to an alignment shop and it fixed it. We dont have an adjustment for caster, but the guy was able to fix the toe and camber which actually fixed my caster problem. I'd recommend getting an alignment. Now my tires dont tun at all, even with brand new tires and 2" spacers. Did you by chance hit anything on the one side with the caster problem? If you did you can check to see if you have a bent lca.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
25 Posts
I'm not sure how much lift you got from the springs but a lot of people who have a good amount of lift up front and offroad their rigs flip the uca. I have never heard anything against it but I would consider how much lift you have in the front, and since you lifted the front end I would definitely suggest getting an alignment.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I dont know about flipping the uca, that sounds like a bad idea. But for the caster problem, I can tell you what I did. I noticed my tire was rubbing after I got my 2" spacers on, I put my hand behind the tire at 9 O'clock and it came out to a 2 finger space, I tried on the other side at the same position and it was almost a 5 finger gap. I took it to an alignment shop and it fixed it. We dont have an adjustment for caster, but the guy was able to fix the toe and camber which actually fixed my caster problem. I'd recommend getting an alignment. Now my tires dont tun at all, even with brand new tires and 2" spacers. Did you by chance hit anything on the one side with the caster problem? If you did you can check to see if you have a bent lca.
The caster problem was noticed quite a few months ago but after i had already gotten a few alignments before and after that but it was never mentioned to me that it was off. For your question about hitting anything, i have not. But I did notice when i was replacing my inner tie rods one of the. was bent pretty severely but that was over a year ago. As for the question of the bent LCA, it is not and to bend it seeming that it’s a solid piece of metal, i would have a lot more damage in the front end. but this also doesn't mean the owner who had the vehicle for 11 years before me didn’t do something and its just not noticeable now.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure how much lift you got from the springs but a lot of people who have a good amount of lift up front and offroad their rigs flip the uca. I have never heard anything against it but I would consider how much lift you have in the front, and since you lifted the front end I would definitely suggest getting an alignment.
I actually got about 1.5-2” of lift when i replaced the coil springs. This is my daily driver but i do bring it off road every once in a while so I’m just wondering if it would be worth the time to do the switch. And my alignment was done again about a month ago and they told me that the tire caster cannot be fixed.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
25 Posts
I actually got about 1.5-2” of lift when i replaced the coil springs. This is my daily driver but i do bring it off road every once in a while so I’m just wondering if it would be worth the time to do the switch. And my alignment was done again about a month ago and they told me that the tire caster cannot be fixed.
It wouldn't take long to flip and switch the UCA's. I think the only reason not to would be price of an alignment, assuming you will need one.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flipping the UCA's will have a better pitch and extend the life of the UBJ's
I did end up flipping them the day after this post. I noticed the angle was greatly reduced, extended and compressed. The hardest part about flipping them was those damn bolts that are next to impossible to pull out all the way. I had previously replaced them and had to cut the inner fender in order to get them out and put them back in.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wouldn't take long to flip and switch the UCA's. I think the only reason not to would be price of an alignment, assuming you will need one.
It doesn't take long as long as you have your inner wheel wells cut like I did but it still didn't make it much easier to do in the driveway at 35 degrees out. And I take full advantage of the alignment plan that I have with NTB. I ended up getting 4 years of alignments as often as I'd like

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.