Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say thanks to this message board, I've learned alot about this truck, I have a 2003 LT EXT 2WD 4.2 I6, with about 193,000 miles on it. I enjoy working on cars myself, and sometimes I'm better of doing so, since shop labor rates are high. I'm planning on keeping the truck for a while as well, ey it's gonna be rare soon, and the engine is awesome. I just hope the truck last until I get another car, so I can put the truck to rest.

I got at 140-some'n,000 miles, so far I've had to replace the alternator, battery, an ignition coil, MAP sensor(voluntarily), right brake light bulb twice, license plate bulbs, right lo-beam bulb, catalytic converter, before-CC O2 sensor(voluntarily).
I'm having the malfunctioning instrument penal, I might do that stepper motor thing you guys done or replace the whole thing, since some lights are dead. I hear you guys talk about the fan clutch thing, I don't know about mine, is that thing suppose to be on all the time(while engine is running), I hear a whining noise in low speeds. But so far the truck runs great, though still need to do a couple tune-ups/routine replacements, I like it cause it's an inline 6 cylinder, 7 passenger, domestic SUV.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . If your fan clutch is bad it will roar like a jet engine, not a whine.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another NC'er.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . If your fan clutch is bad it will roar like a jet engine, not a whine.
yea, I've only heard that loud roar a few times, nothing recently though...the car before this, '97 GMC Jimmy, made that roar a bit more often...

Robert1101 said:
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another NC'er.
Yea, the truck is an SC'er though, at least it's where I got it from, it gots a little Oklahoma sticker on the inner side of driver-side door, but that's where they assembled it, right...

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
Welcome to the Site!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts