Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a Streamlight SL20x? with the LED and halogen bulb and need some suggestions on where to mount it, so I can easily grab it without a struggle. It has the charger mount which will need to be plugged in all the time. So I was just looking for a few recommendations if anyone has the same kind of rechargeable light mounted in their TB? And should I screw the mount in or use double sided tape?

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Not a big streamlight fan, have always been partial to either mag or pelican. What kind of charger does that model have? Is it a slide in collar? a half collar that the light snaps into? or the large box style that has the flat slide plate with the release button?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I have a Maglite. It's only a 2 "D" cell model. I could not figure out a good place to put it that I liked (not from the lack of other's installs). None of the locations made it ease for me to get to in a hurry. Then it dawned on me.....

Fits there perfectly, does not move or rattle, is secure (inadvertantly tested in a panic stop and evasive maneuver :ugh:) and is in very easy reach :yes:

I don't think it would work with anything larger than the 2 cell D battery model, but if you have that, it would work great! Man my truck needs a good vaccuuming :eek:

Chris

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Man my truck needs a good vaccuuming :eek:
:eek: I just cringed a bit ;)

I know you said within easy reach, but I've seen streamlights mounted below the rear seat, on the front of the frame. There's enough clearance when folded forward too.

Diablo03's mount is good too. It looks like you'd easily be able to fit a streamlight charger there, and run the wiring under the seat.

Personally, I just keep mine in the door pocket, and if it needs a charge, I just have the charger plugged into the cargo area outlet.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Chris,

On a similar note I like your seat upholstery MUCH more then mine! :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts