Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my thermostat on my tb and to do that had to take off battery, alternator,and belt. Changed every thing put back together and now my check engine light is blinking wasn't doing g it before!!!! Any ideas

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
210 Posts
Also, go back over the area and make sure every electrical connector is properly seated. You might have taken one out and forgot to plug it back in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, go back over the area and make sure every electrical connector is properly seated. You might have taken one out and forgot to plug it back in.
Went over the area and everything is connected back. Going to try and get codes read today

·
Registered
454 Posts
A flashing CEL is a demand that you pay attention as one or more of the O2 sensors is complaining and is attempting to tell you that the catalytic convertor is in danger of being destroyed.

It may be hard to understand, but the WHOLE ECM system is really - honest-to-god designed to protect the Cat. It doesn't really care if the engine has sufficient oil, coolant or motor mounts.... it's an emission-control, fuel-economy and power-performance system and the end of it all is the life of the catalytic convertor.

Perhaps if a small hammer came outta the headrest instead of a small, innocuous light on the dashboard --- THEN it might get a driver's attention.

The code you pulled indicates that a cylinder (you Google it for yourself) is dumping sufficient raw fuel into the exhaust system - enough to damage the cat.

Fun Fact --- one should NOT drive a vehicle when the CEL blinks rapidly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello all, I have a 2004 Envoy XUV 4.2, 175,xxx. I’ve had it for 2+ years now, no major engine issues until a few weeks ago. Well, I had a p1345 issue, ended up being the VVT, an easy fix.. BUT as soon as I cleared the 1345 code, a P0300 random misfire showed up, like immediately. Shut off engine, restarted and got a P0306 cylinder 6 misfire. Again, I got lucky, 6 new coils and plugs fixed everything, purrs like a kitten again. One thing I was forced to do before I was able to fix the misfire issues was I had to drive it for a few days with the CEL flashing😒 I had no choice, I had to work. During my driving time with the flashing CEL getting my attention mile after mile, all I could think of was all that Un burned fuel running through my brand new cat! I figured after a few hundred miles of my driving it I would surely be installing another cat, but, it cleaned itself and all the checks in the code reader are green! I did have a really bad exhaust leak at the “donut” gasket when I installed my new cat and I just never got around to tightening the nuts, I think the exhaust leak saved my cat.. I’ve got everything right now and all is fixed.. the flashing CEL is really, REALLY important, I just got lucky

·
Registered
454 Posts
hello all, I have a 2004 Envoy XUV 4.2, 175,xxx. I’ve had it for 2+ years now, no major engine issues until a few weeks ago. Well, I had a p1345 issue, ended up being the VVT, an easy fix.. BUT as soon as I cleared the 1345 code, a P0300 random misfire showed up, like immediately. Shut off engine, restarted and got a P0306 cylinder 6 misfire. Again, I got lucky, 6 new coils and plugs fixed everything, purrs like a kitten again. One thing I was forced to do before I was able to fix the misfire issues was I had to drive it for a few days with the CEL flashing😒 I had no choice, I had to work. During my driving time with the flashing CEL getting my attention mile after mile, all I could think of was all that Un burned fuel running through my brand new cat! I figured after a few hundred miles of my driving it I would surely be installing another cat, but, it cleaned itself and all the checks in the code reader are green! I did have a really bad exhaust leak at the “donut” gasket when I installed my new cat and I just never got around to tightening the nuts, I think the exhaust leak saved my cat.. I’ve got everything right now and all is fixed.. the flashing CEL is really, REALLY important, I just got lucky
Imagine if there was the hammer in the headrest!?!

HAMMER TIME!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Changed my thermostat on my tb and to do that had to take off battery, alternator,and belt. Changed every thing put back together and now my check engine light is blinking wasn't doing g it before!!!! Any ideas
Good day check ur Ignition coil pack on each Cylinder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts