Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today my baby got her first ride on a flat bed. :(

It all started yesterday when I decided to change my spark plugs. I went out and got some Delcos and switched them out. After I got everything all back together i started it up to make sure everything ran fine. To my surprise it ran a lot worse than before. It was shaking and sputtering. So i figured i would take it down the road and see if it helped. Well it didn't the CEL came on and started to blink. So I stopped and the light went solid. Driving back to my house the light began to blink again, then when I stopped it stopped blinking and went out but it was still running terribly. Not knowing what to do or wanting to drive it anywhere I had it towed to a local dealer.

They weren't able to take a look at it today so I hope tomorrow they can. Can anyone shed some light on the problem while I wait. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Flashing light is a misfire. Double check that the coil boots are seated properly and the wires to the coils or the coils themselves werent damaged. Did you replace the plugs 1 at a time so they were installed correctly.:m2:

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
It's called a "finger" problem.

Your fingers caused the problem when you changed the plugs.

Something did not go back together correctly.

You probably have one, or more, coils not connected.

I'm sure it's not permanent damage, nothing a few dealer dollars can't fix.

Wish you had check with us yesterday before the test drive.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flashing light is a misfire. Double check that the coil boots are seated properly and the wires to the coils or the coils themselves werent damaged. Did you replace the plugs 1 at a time so they were installed correctly.:m2:
Yes I checked and double checked everything. I have change many spark plugs before so I know what to do. I have even done it in a TB or 2 before. This time I just don't know what happened.

It's called a "finger" problem.

Your fingers caused the problem when you changed the plugs.

Something did not go back together correctly.

You probably have one, or more, coils not connected.

I'm sure it's not permanent damage, nothing a few dealer dollars can't fix.

Wish you had check with us yesterday before the test drive.
I took everything apart again before I called the tow truck and checked the plugs, coils, and then wires to the coils again. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except the third coil pack looked like it was fried. I don't really have money to just throw at the truck so I decided it would be better and faster to have it towed in and fixed right. I know I am probably going to spend more at the dealer but I had no way to check the codes without having it towed because i wasn't going to drive it anywhere. I can't really live without my car for too long so i hope they look at it tomorrow. The worst part is I had an appt for a state inspection at the dealer for wednesday so it figures i run into trouble like this.

As far as damage goes I am sure that driving it a few seconds down the road didn't do much of anything to it. I know the TB hated every second of it but to say there is permanent damage would be pushing it, I hope. I'll let you know what the dealer says when I hear from them. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Changing spark plugs

I had the same thing happen to me.When started to check things over again,starting with the number 6 cylinder,I noticed that the spring in the boot had fallen out down around the spark plug,therefore not making connection with the plug.I continued to check the remaining 5 and they were good.Put everything back together,started it,and it ran great.One thing that i did learn from this experience,that when you put new boot's on the new ignition coil's,use one of your old or new plug to push the spring into the boot to get it set up in there,before you drop the coil back in.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
hope u didnt drop anything into the cylinder... hope it gets back all good
:iagree: I think that would definately be a big pisser if you did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts