Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, anyone ever put a jetski in the back of a tv?
Im getting a standup sometime in the near future and want to know beforehand how its going to fit. It will probably be between 6 and 7 feet long...the seats will have to go down...

Anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
I have put alot of wierd things in the back, but never tryed
a jet ski..lol..
I know a keg barely fits..haha..
You might want to think twice about putting it in wet afterwards..
i still havent got the musty keg smell out yet....

food for thought would be one of those carryers that
slides into the hitch reciever..:undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
352 Posts
Interesting idea. I guess to launch it, you'd just have to drive in reverse really fast and stomp on the brakes.:undecided I think you might be able to fit it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Not sure how heavy a Jetski is, but how would you get it in there to begin with? I though those were always on trailers.

How tall is the jetski fom bottom to the tallest point? I think the handlebars may be the issue.

I can fit a pinball machine in my TB if the back part folded down. It's 30 inches wide at the widest, and about the same height, and I would not want to put anything much bigger in there :no: The height was more an issue than the width.

It was doable, but anything bigger may not have been. Also, the seats are not completely flat when folded, so that mey be an issue for a Jetski, not sure.

Chris

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. thats some good stuff you guys have thrown back there.
Im talking a standup jetski though, I think most os you guys are picturing a sitdown jetski. Very different. Probably only about 2-3 feet tall, 2-3 feet wide, maybe 7 feet long. As long as it fits, launching wont be a problem, just need two guys to pick it up. Ill make sure its dry before putting it away....so the smell wont be an issue :)

One of those hitch things would be prefect actually, Ill have to look into that.
Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Im talking a standup jetski though, I think most os you guys are picturing a sitdown jetski. Very different. Probably only about 2-3 feet tall, 2-3 feet wide, maybe 7 feet long. As long as it fits, launching wont be a problem, just need two guys to pick it up. Ill make sure its dry before putting it away....so the smell wont be an issue :)

One of those hitch things would be prefect actually, Ill have to look into that.
Thanks for the idea.
Whatever you decide to do, be sure to get pics!!!
This i gotta see..:laugh:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I think something like this would work good. Your jetski might exceed the width limit for driving though. I would check you local laws to make sure.

http://www.trailerhitchuniverse.com..._Extra_Large_Hitch_Mounted_Cargo_Carrier.html
Now thats what i am talkin about!!
Just back into the boat ramp and launch it off
the back!

I think the legal width limit is 101"
Some boats we have hauled were wider than 101"s
Never had a problem..unless you were on the interstate maybe..

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
270 Posts
Ha! Just run a little V shaped carpeted ramp from the water to the back of the Trailvoy. With a good lineup (and an incredible amount of luck) you could just run the thing right up in there...

But seriously if you dry the thing off and make sure the engine on it is cool, It shouldn't be a problem...

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
Just curious, anyone ever put a jetski in the back of a tv?
Im getting a standup sometime in the near future and want to know beforehand how its going to fit. It will probably be between 6 and 7 feet long...the seats will have to go down...

Anyone ever done this?
You're kidding right?? Dude if you do this you have to take pictures and post..Course I would have to ask myself.. How much do I love this jetski? or You think it would be cool if this thing fell? No, No better yet.. How long do you think it would be before a cop would pull me over? :undecided

But then again I fit a queen sized bed and night stand from Ikea in the back. With a mattess and was able to close the gate.:D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
695 Posts
My EXT will carry a 4'X8' sheet of plywood, but only with the front seats all the way forward (to the point where I would not be able to drive). I don't think anything 7' long would fit in a shortie with the rear door closed.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts

Thanks for the idea.
As a point of reference, my short wheel base 2005 Envoy is just over 5 feet from the closed liftgate to the back of the front seats, with the rear seats folded.

ct_mike

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.