Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased my first vehicle...an 04 TB lt. i changed all of the fluids myself and cleaned the truck inside and out. i changed all of the filters and from now on i just want to put upgrades on it. im looking at Pcmforless.com for a tuning. what else would you guys recommend? exhaust/lights/intakes etc. Thanks for the help its greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Whats your end goal? Lift? Lower? Intake you have lots of options, Exhaust has a few as well. Neither will get you much in the way of gains. Once you know what you want to do, we can help you with it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Get the tune right now! It's $50 off this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. but as of right now i have to hold off on the upgrades until i figure out how to fix my high beams. i checked all of the fuses... took off the grill.. replaced the bulbs that were probably already good, and looked around at all of the wirings. ill open another thread if i cannot find the answer on all of the other threads on the website.but there arent any fuses under the rear seat that pertain to any lights, right?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
240 Posts
thanks guys. but as of right now i have to hold off on the upgrades until i figure out how to fix my high beams. i checked all of the fuses... took off the grill.. replaced the bulbs that were probably already good, and looked around at all of the wirings. ill open another thread if i cannot find the answer on all of the other threads on the website.but there arent any fuses under the rear seat that pertain to any lights, right?
Wrong, maybe none that are for the headlights directly. But why chance it? Check them all anyway, with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i have checked all of the fuses for continuity and they passed. im stumped on this one.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...there arent any fuses under the rear seat that pertain to any lights, right?
Not the headlights, but PLENTY of other lights are managed by the rear fuse block. But headlights are in the front fuse block.

High beams could be COILS (front fuse 14), another INSANELY STUPID name given by the IDIOT GM designers, or HDLP-HI (front relay 43). Other fuses, lamps and grounds would take out one or the other headlight, not both at once.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the headlights, but PLENTY of other lights are managed by the rear fuse block. But headlights are in the front fuse block.

High beams could be COILS (front fuse 14), another INSANELY STUPID name given by the IDIOT GM designers, or HDLP-HI (front relay 43). Other fuses, lamps and grounds would take out one or the other headlight, not both at once.
Thanks! but I just swapped fuses 42 and 43 but nothing changed. I know 43 was good because the w/s wash still works with the swapped fuse.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
So check the receptacle for the relay, and see if there's really power going into it, and does the coil control really get grounded by the BCM to turn it on. Sockets can get loose. If the relay closes and voltage gets to its output terminal, does that have continuity to the high beam lamp sockets?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i grounded one test lead and put the positive lead in where the relay was and i got 12v so there is power going to relay #43

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
A typical relay has four blades, each with a different purpose. So I'm not sure what you did was a valid test of the relay socket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you're standing next to the fuse box on the drivers side. the prong that is closest to the front of the truck and towards the driver side has 12v

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not "prong" but where the prong would be. and "blade" wouldve been the better word :duh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts