Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Trailblazer/Envoy owners. Thanks to the pictorial tutorial, I was able to fix my headlights and save some money. A couple of years ago, I found on initial inspection that my bulbs were almost impossible to get to from the inside, and had decided to get a local mechanic to replace them. They had discovered that it was the connector that needed replacing and charged me almost $100 to do it. I never inspected their work until about a month ago. Both my headlights were out at that time. Being strapped for cash, I decided to try and fix it myself. I thought the only way to get to them was to remove my battery from the driver side, and air filter from the passenger side. Connectors were charred on one. The wires that the mechanic 'repaired' the years before looked more like a $2 repair than a $100 repair. With some electrical tape and wire splices (better than the mechanics take on 'repair' fortunately), I successfully repaired the damage......and it lasted for about a week. Not only that, removing the battery reset the computer. I had to remove the throttle body and clean it like new to get my truck running correctly again.

This is when I discovered this website. It's amazing how easy it is to remove the headlights from the front. I spent about $50 buying a pair of connecters/sockets, splices, and went ahead and got a couple of bulbs. I did more replacing, and labor than the mechanic and a better job of it. I'm going on 4 days now, but feel confident that I won't run into any issues down the road. If I do, I'll be here for some support.

While searching for repair tips, I discovered some pretty cool vehicle mods I never thought I'd be interested in. So that's pretty cool. Look forward to visting, sharing, and learning on here. See you in the forums!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts