Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! I just joined today to get a SOLID and TRUTHFUL answer to my tire/wheel question.

First of all, Karl (my 2003 TB EXT) and I have been thru A LOT in the few short months I've had him. Let me give you a quick synopsis of our short but intense relationship: I traded my 2001 yellow Nissan Xterra for Karl- a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT. My Xterra looked near PERFECT on the outside, but internally she was going downhill fast. There were a lot of issues that I didn't have the time, money, ability nor place to fix them. Now Karl- well he looked ROUGH! Was painted several different colors, had 17" wheels on the front with 255/60/17s but 16" wheels on the back with 255/55/16s. He has no radio, the console needed to be replaced, the sway bars were disconnected... But the motor and transmission only had 75,000 miles. Essentially this was a project- Idiot (previous owner) was using parts from a couple different TBs to make one...he just hadn't finished when he stumbled upon me. So I traded WITH THE AGREEMENT that Idiot would finish Karl within the next 3 days.

Well, that was over 2 months ago and I've seen idiot TWICE. My husband took a peak under the front end and discovered there are no sway bars (nothing to indicate they were ever there either), no CV axels (it appears as though he took a 4x4 TB and turned it into a 2x4), every bushing in the front end is bad, tie rods were ancient, springs cut in half, parts were being held together with PLIERS and SCREWDRIVERS- seriously! There's so much more to this story and I'll tell you individually if you wanna know. You just wouldn't believe what I've been thru to get to this point...

SO HERE'S MY QUESTION...but first I want to apologize. I'm sure this question has been asked a million different times and 10 million different ways on this forum, so I'm sorry for asking again but I just don't have time to go thru it all. Karl currently runs 255/65/R17 x 2 (front) and 225/60/R16 x 2 (rear). Ugly right!? We just bought another 2003 TB (his name is Baker) for parts and Baker runs 245/70/R16 x 4. To get everything fairly level, we're going to use Baker's tires/wheels on Karl.

I like bigger tires and wheels- most of us do right?! WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST 16s I can put on Karl without having to change a single thing?! I mean no spacers, no lift, no nothing- PURE STOCK as far as I can tell. Just to cover my bases, what are the biggest 17s I can put on? I like a wider, taller tire FYI. It's 6 lugs with a 6xt bolt pattern.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP! I have to have tires yesterday- that's how urgent my issue is. We've been working day and night to get Karl not only looking good but make him actually SAFE to drive. Any input will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts