Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone who is interested lol...

well everyone who has looked at my user CP and my audio threads know that i have a rather unigue box for my setup...the 2 12's are offset and they are in a aero ported box tuned to 38 hz... so the guy that built the box for me calls me yesturday and tells me "hey man, there is this SPL competition going on and i want you to bring the SS up here to see what it can do".. he even paid my entry fee :woot:...

so i show up.. first of all i get swarmed because just about 90% of the people there have never seen a TBSS.. so i was like on cloud 9 from all the attn..:crackup::crackup:... so then i go in line to get my note... so my note is a 47.. we tried 50, no good...49, no good etc... so i hit my first burp and the reading is a 142.9 dB.. so thats what i was expecting.. the guy that built the box for me estimated about 145 dB... so i get inline again.. burp it at a note of 48 and hit a 143.7 dB.. so im gettin more and more pumped... get in line one last time.. and hit a 143.9 dB.. then i was done...

so to make a long story short.. i placed 3rd in AS- class 2... second place was a even 144dB.. missed it by a tenth of a dB.. damnit...:hissy: but they placed the meter in front of my passenger seat under the dash...

so over all im pretty happy with what i got... 2 American Bass DX 12's with 2 800W Kenwood amps (one to each sub)...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Congrats on the 143.9 club.

It's been quite a number of years since I have been to a competition (probably 15-20 years or so) so I have no idea how they do these now.

Do they take the SPL measurement with the windows down?

I remember when they didn't want any air to escape the interior cab and people were putting huge ratchet straps around the doors so they wouldn't flex, and let air escape.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
301 Posts
nice for the first time what ive noticed is if u shove the meter up under the glovebox a lil in the pass kick u may gain that .1. i had a buddy hold it there and gained 1.2 or so not saying it will for sure work for everyone but work a try.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the 143.9 club.

It's been quite a number of years since I have been to a competition (probably 15-20 years or so) so I have no idea how they do these now.

Do they take the SPL measurement with the windows down?

I remember when they didn't want any air to escape the interior cab and people were putting huge ratchet straps around the doors so they wouldn't flex, and let air escape.
well pretty much the same.. i had to close all windows, the lift gate, but they wanted the driver side door open.. so there was some air escaping...

nice for the first time what ive noticed is if u shove the meter up under the glovebox a lil in the pass kick u may gain that .1. i had a buddy hold it there and gained 1.2 or so not saying it will for sure work for everyone but work a try.
and thats exactly what happend to me.. they went dire3ctly under the glove box first... then he moved it closer to the kick panel and thats when i hit the 143.9 dB...

but overall fun as hell.. I loved it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts