Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had to buy a set of tyres today.. The Continental Conti-Trac's that came with the truck back in 05 have finally had it.. was down to 4/32 tread.. So in rush to get some shoes on I just purchased a set of GoodYear Fortera Silent ARmour tires.. Anyone have any feedback on these?? I just spent $787.00 out the door..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
All depends on what you do with your TB. I worked at a goodyear for almost 4 years so you hear it all :laugh: it realy is a good tire just depends on what you are doing with it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
how many miles did you get out of your factory tires?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its mainly our roadtrip vehicle you can't beat the ride. Twice a year I go up to Tennessee.. Its an 06 with 31k on the clock. But mainly its a cruiser.. OEM tires so I guess 31k miles on the Continental's.. So its not bad as most average tires go 30k ..

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
ouch....
I noticed youre in Florida... so you wouldnt have the snow wheelspin problem.
Youre on 'dry' land.
On my 03 LS. I had the factory BF goodrich. the 1st set were replaced 88,000.
I still had about 10K of tread left.. But I changed because the rainy season was coming in California (turned out to be the driest winter on record).
I had the shop locate OEM tires because I liked the long wear.
I currently have 57,000 on the replacement. and theyre still looking good.
I just went down and snapped a pic...
the 2nd set of tires--- theyre from our 07 Impala... It has about 30,000- from when I rotated the tires...
Are you doing some aggressive driving-- or those tires just wear that fast?

tires with 57,000 miles on them (145,000 on the vehicle).

tires on the 07 Impala with 30,000

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well im sure I would of gotten more out of them but, I didn't want to mess around as we have very long straights and canals. Also the Florida sun has done its damage to the tires so I was getting some premature wear and signs of rot. We have alot of canals that run along our road systems here and the last thing I need is a rolling blow out and end up in the drink.

By the way I'm loving the Fortera Silent Armours.. They are way more solid than the Conti's. I always thought that the mushy boating action when i apply my brakes was from the soft spring/shock. It was the tires!! duh! It handles like a car. High reduction in body roll for sure. Course you kinda lose that Cadillac ride though. But here's how I look at it so far

Pro's
Solid sidewall for cornering, load and resistant to punctures
No road noise
Great wet traction
Deep treads
70k wear
30 day test drive
Handles great

Con's
Price
Balancing can be tricky
Interstate driving can be a little rough

Now if I can just do the roof rack rail delete the ride will be almost silent (minus the three year old in the back seat)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you doing some aggressive driving-- or those tires just wear that fast?

Nope not really just your usual South Florida evasive driving techniques.. I just think the tires are very soft..Plus my drive way faces south so it gets sun from both angles. I do believe the sun has a part on tire wear though..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts