Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all,

now im not a fan of street racing nor do i condone street racing..but............... :rotfl:

i went up against a Grand Prix GTP today and S M O K E D it...lol the GTP sounded pretty mean.. look like it had some kind of muffler mods done to it.. i could only see tips as i went past it at first.. but when i got next to the GTP i saw the front end of it start to jerk.. like jolt foward.. im like hmmmm... someone wants some SS :crackup:... we were at about a 35 mph roll... so i dropped in 3 and gave it a little tap... jumped a fender on it in a second :crackup: so then the GTP just follows me for like a mile.. just cruising next to my rear doors.. so im like WTF :weird:....so i looked out the window, he looked at me.. and the rest is history.. saw nothing but my brake lights :woohoo::crackup::excited:.. heart was beating crazy lol.. needless to say im guessing its a bone stock GTP other then exhaust.. my brother had one and he was down in the 14's like a stock SS..

but +1 for the SS :hail:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
Always nice to kick some Pontiac butt!!:yes:

(wouldn't say that if they would have put a Pontiac badge on a GMT360):D

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
Wasnt that beefed up :)

If it was a beefed up GTP, it wouldve tore you up, no offense. They can pretty easily run low 13 high 12 on the street without a ton of money.

Good kill none the less though :D

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
my brother had one and he was down in the 14's like a stock SS..
High 13's actually...:yes:

If it was a beefed up GTP, it wouldve tore you up, no offense. They can pretty easily run low 13 high 12 on the street without a ton of money.
Low 13's/high 12's would take alot more than you'd think on a GTP. ~$500 only got me in the high 13's in mine. And I only pulled like 2 13 sec passes, rest were low 14's.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
Isn't the GTP like the Monte Carlo SS? 5.3 303 hp from factory. My wife's 07 MCSS is pretty wicked now that it has resonators deleted, K & N FIPK CAI and jet MAF sensor. I'd bet it is faster than that GTP cause its only about a half sec slower than my tuned TBSS to 60

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
Isn't the GTP like the Monte Carlo SS? 5.3 303 hp from factory. My wife's 07 MCSS is pretty wicked now that it has resonators deleted, K & N FIPK CAI and jet MAF sensor. I'd bet it is faster than that GTP cause its only about a half sec slower than my tuned TBSS to 60
The GTP's have the V-6 Supercharged motor's. The GXP's have the 5.3 V-8's.;)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
the grandprix and buick regal gs are fun sleepers. my brother had a 99 Regal GS, and that thing was nasty. he would stay right with me (02 trans am Ramair w/mods) He had some motor work, comp upgrade, headers/exhaust, suspension work etc. I actually liked racing people in that than my Ramair. Seemed to shut peoples mouths really quick when they get smoked... I remember 1 time like it was yesterday. i was at the movies with a group of people friends watching the 1st fast n the furious. well when we left, the parking lot was filled with ricers, and me driving the grandma GS. well at a traffic light a lil civic was trying to show off his turbo/blowoff valve. I asked to run, him and his GF gave me crap about the car, well needless to say light turned green and i was gone. he said he lost traction, GS +1. lined up at a light again. his GF still running her big mouth. light turns green, he takes off, i wait a sec or 2. then boom right past them. he turns off real fast, so i bang u turn chase him down, then laugh at him.

sorry so long..... those were the days:hijacked

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
I know what it takes, :D

I had a 2006 GP GT (GT's were SC that year foreward).

Doesnt take a whole lot though in reality, they are pretty quick stock. Like you said, $500 and you are in the high 13's already.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what it takes, :D

I had a 2006 GP GT (GT's were SC that year foreward).

Doesnt take a whole lot though in reality, they are pretty quick stock. Like you said, $500 and you are in the high 13's already.
true for the $500 range.. but also for the SS.. get a tune and CAI.. easily run 13.5's to lower 13's.. ive seen bone stock SS's just with a tune and CAI run 13.2's (tbssowners.com) so the argument could go either way

believe me no offence taken.. i know everything on here is open to constructive criticism.. i have some experience with GTP's.. my brother had one and with the mods he had.. he was not that close to 12's, i think his best run was a 13.9, thats with a CAI, Exhaust, 3/4" pully.. so i do know what it takes for those things to run.. but for my SS being a good probably 2000 lbs heavier.. thats saying something to hang with a GTP modded or not...

but yes it was a kill no matter what so :woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
:m2:
97-03 GTP's had the Series 2 Supercharged V-6 (L67) 04 and up have the Series 3. I don't believe GXP's came along till 05-06?
they did have the GXP before, just pretty rare, not sure of the year but i believe late 90s. they had a few more things than the gtp, and they were only 2 door models. i only remember that because a friends mom had a black one

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
my first

My first kill was back in Jan coming back from watching my son's B-ball game. I passed his bus probably 5 minutes earlier heading home. I cruizin about 65 and a new Mustang GT comes up a little fast and then just sticks to my right side gawking at me. After a 1/2 mile of this I decided to let him taste the "agony of defeat". :nono: I punched it and ran it up to just over 100 looking back he was a good 6 or 7 car lengths back and trying to catch up so I let off, dropped back to 65 again and let him come along side for another good look. At that point I told my self once is enough....he doesn't need a double dip. LOL :bonk::crackup:

all,

now im not a fan of street racing nor do i condone street racing..but............... :rotfl:

i went up against a Grand Prix GTP today and S M O K E D it...lol the GTP sounded pretty mean.. look like it had some kind of muffler mods done to it.. i could only see tips as i went past it at first.. but when i got next to the GTP i saw the front end of it start to jerk.. like jolt foward.. im like hmmmm... someone wants some SS :crackup:... we were at about a 35 mph roll... so i dropped in 3 and gave it a little tap... jumped a fender on it in a second :crackup: so then the GTP just follows me for like a mile.. just cruising next to my rear doors.. so im like WTF :weird:....so i looked out the window, he looked at me.. and the rest is history.. saw nothing but my brake lights :woohoo::crackup::excited:.. heart was beating crazy lol.. needless to say im guessing its a bone stock GTP other then exhaust.. my brother had one and he was down in the 14's like a stock SS..

but +1 for the SS :hail:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts