Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting some 8 gauge through the firewall and am working on finagling through the opening of the boot but how does it come through the other side?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the article on an amp install showed poking a whole in the boot but how did they find it on the other side?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
You know where the wire is going in. Look or feel inside to see/feel the wire. If you push through a foot of wire it should be easy to spot. If all else fails have someone wiggle the wire on the outside while you look inside. Move the seat all the way back, lay on the floor with a flashlight and look up.:m2:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know where the wire is going in. Look or feel inside to see/feel the wire. If you push through a foot of wire it should be easy to spot.
Alright, well I'm having a problem getting that foot in there... I got it most of the way but it stopped right before it got to the big opening, it's such a small area it's hard to work in there.

I took a needle nose, shoved it in as far as it would go and pulled it open but it still won't go. any ideas?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Use a metal coat hanger.

undo the hanger, tape a good amount of the wire to the coat hanger, poke the coat hanger through, then pull.
I will do that tomorrow because I just happen to have a box of coat hangers in my garage :D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
Being that you are using 8ga it should be pretty easy. We did this with a 4ga. Once you get the start of the wire through, it should be really easy to get the rest through.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
4ga is thick enough that it's pretty rigid though. Mine was. I made a slice with a tiny pocket knife and pushed it through from the inside. I'd imagine 8ga is just too flimsy to push through. Coat hanger sounds like your best bet.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried... and failed. Everytime I tried to pull from the inside the boot popped out of place. I'll just put that on the list for the shop to do. I'm already taking my TB in to have the SWI adapter installed.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
Once you get the cable through the boot, its easy. Just pull the wire that you need, then just slide the boot back into place when your done.

Or hold the boot in place as your pulling the cable. Or you can have someone else pulling the cable as you are holding it in place.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I pushed mine from the inside. Then you only have to pull a couple feet of wire through and the boot stays in place... :m2:
How did you get that to work? or did you not have the ring terminal already on it? Mine came with the ring and fuse holder installed so that won't work for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts