Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these mounted up on my TeeBee on a 245/70R16 size (standard size) and my initial feeling of the tires is terrific. They REALLY chew through the pack snow to get at some traction. That's all the kind of snow we really have at the moment, we have some new stuff on the way though. might be light, might be heavy, who knows. For now, i'm very happy. Road Noise is comparable to a light All-Terrain tire. They are a little squirmy on dry road, but it's a different tire so it's a different feel. i'm sure i'll get used to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For a winter tire - I felt as they could do better on slicker roads.....i have the same winterforce ones.....they are very nice tho......i'd give them 4 outta 5 stars lol:)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's important to keep in mind that these are more of a $70 snow tire than a $120 ice tire. They are studable for ice (where lawful) so they have the capability to do some pretty amazing driving just about everywhere. Trouble is, in Wisconsin (Where I hear rumor that we have a pretty amazing DOT Road maintenance department :hahano::hopeless) it aint legal to use studs. Oh well, 4 out of 5 for the time being as well for me.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
957 Posts
I got a set of 235/65 R17s on the way already mounted to some 17x8 rims with TPMS already installed. We'll see how they roll so to speak.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Just ordered mine today. From what i've been told, they are an excellent mid-range winter tire.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they sure are. i still have the one's i mounted last year on there. sure a little worn, bot still quite usable. it's got another winter and probably summer in there. I'll buy them again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Firestone Winterforce

I've got WinterForce 2 years ago, and they'll be good for another winter. They are great for the price (despite the light <<Jello>> feeling on highway). I'll buy them next year too.
Ale

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
520 Posts
I just got a set of these last month. We got some snow today, but the wife waited for the plow before going out. Me - snowblowing :mad: while she shopped. Next snowstorm, I'll be out to evaluate the new tires. I had Wintercat SST on the Envoy in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a set of these last month. We got some snow today, but the wife waited for the plow before going out. Me - snowblowing :mad: while she shopped. Next snowstorm, I'll be out to evaluate the new tires. I had Wintercat SST on the Envoy in the past.
Honestly, I'd prefer snowblowing than shopping! I don't know Wintercat, but as I said you'll probably get a light Atv feeling on highway with the Winterforce, but they're honest tires and they're made right here in Canada!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
957 Posts
Correction, the sizing I got was 245/65R17. For any other SS owners you will need to get at least 17" rims or you cannot clear the larger SS brakes. As it happens, these are the same size tire that is on my SS spare. So I already knew what PSI to put in them! Same as the spare listed on the plaquard.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
520 Posts
Honestly, I'd prefer snowblowing than shopping! I don't know Wintercat, but as I said you'll probably get a light Atv feeling on highway with the Winterforce, but they're honest tires and they're made right here in Canada!
Does shopping at the liquor store count? :confused: Made in Canada, eh? Learn something new today!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does shopping at the liquor store count? :confused: Made in Canada, eh? Learn something new today!
Ok I agree, you've got a point for the liquor store. BTW I've got a set of Firestone Destination LE for summer and they're great too (also made in Can.) I never had Firestone before, but I'm please with both set.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
49 Posts
The Tire Rack shows them as having the Winterforce tires in stock for 72 bucks each. I keep thinking about buying a set. They don't have any steel wheels in stock and I got rid of the spare set I had when I had my Blizzacks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Tire Rack shows them as having the Winterforce tires in stock for 72 bucks each. I keep thinking about buying a set. They don't have any steel wheels in stock and I got rid of the spare set I had when I had my Blizzacks.
72$ is a good deal, I've paid 130$Can for the set in 2006, and believe me, you better stick to steel wheels for winter driving, they were BO when I've bought my tires... Nice Alu wheels + rock salt = Ugly Wheels:duh:!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
I had a set of Winterforce tires on an old Lincoln Town Car a few years back and they got me through all kinds of weather with ease. I thought about picking up a set for the Envoy but we got it with new Michelins so I decided to just go with them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts