Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few members on TV have these light bars on their trucks. I'm having a problem and unsure of an answer. Anyway, yesterday the bar arrived in the mail and I installed it via the 4-pin connector to the trailer plug. All functions work well, until I signal left. When I do so, all the brake lights flash also (including the 3rd brake light). I then cut off the 4-pin plug and hard wire it to the wires behing the tail lamp. Pulling the right turn signal tap all the way from the passenger tail. It does the same thing. I've heard of some LEDs needing a load resistor to function properly. Is this the case or is it something totally different? I have one of these bars on my EXT model and it was plug and play. I don't see why this one would be any different.:confused: Well, I wanted to put it out there and see if any one had any ideas before I go and tackle this issue.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
you can disconnect it and try each lead by its self to better determine if its your trucks wires or if its the bar try reversing the left and right and see if it still does it (left hooked to the right//right hooked to the left) if it still does then i would bet its in the bar may be a simple grounding issue or might be somthing alittle more involved the requires it to be returned hope that helps
also if its in a seperate circuit it shouldnt have to have a resistor since the light bar is self contained

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.