Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of new grille, need help deciding what to paint it.

I just got done making an SS grille cross bar fit on my LS. I was planing on painting it and the mirror covers to match the body color, and paint the chrome inserts and bow tie black, but after seeing how it looks now .......

.....It look awesome as is. It's raw plastic now I'm thinking I'll paint it a trim dark gray, or try polishing it and a clear coat.

What do you guys think?

Would to be to much if i painted it Black?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
:iagree:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
thats the best mod id every seen for a regular tb. Now that you got more air coming into the headlight dont forget to buy the oem airfliter intake cover for a more coolor and less sound effect=performance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, It's not finished yet. the gray is more than a few shades lighter than the trim. I was planing on doing the body match, but now I'm thinking trim black. I think it makes the chrome pop more and looks more aggressive. Pulse it will match my rims, and i have an black/tan interior.

The chrome grille insert came from JC Whitney. Its plastic and you don't get those bent corners like the e-bay ones.

I'm looking into how the SS air intake works. If anyone has any good pics that would be help full. Is the wiper bottle different?

Has any one ever seen the vent mesh sold separately or know how its attached?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, wanna tell us how you made that? I'd love to isolate the SS cross bar so I don't have to change everything else.
This is how it came:

Started cutting it up:

Got have of it finished:

I started out using a saw blade in my Dremel to rough cut it, then went with a drum sander, and finished it by planeing it with a brand new file. of course test fitting it constantly, measuring and marking what needed to be removed. It will sit differently on the vehicle than the table, the head lights pull it up slightly.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Nice write it! But where are the little grilles for the headlight holes?

·
Registered
705 Posts
very well done, that looks great. Personally I'd go body color, but I don't have the black interior or wheels, so..

What did you pay for the ss grille to start with?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
paint it

I'd paint it body color. After all its like the SS crossbar and ours are painted body color. The vent on pass side on mine is enlarged to the rectangular dimension to allow more air in. Black might look "OK" too since your wheels are black.

Pics of new grille, need help deciding what to paint it.

I just got done making an SS grille cross bar fit on my LS. I was planing on painting it and the mirror covers to match the body color, and paint the chrome inserts and bow tie black, but after seeing how it looks now .......

.....It look awesome as is. It's raw plastic now I'm thinking I'll paint it a trim dark gray, or try polishing it and a clear coat.

What do you guys think?

Would to be to much if i painted it Black?

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
That look loke a really cool process. What kept you from using your stock cross bar and cutting/molding the holes to look like the SS grill? I'm looking at options right now and I think I've come up with a great way to use the stock grill and make it very unique.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rims got cleaned last weekend.

The Grille inserts are by CCI (coast to coast international) 70$ truckaddons.com

Nice write it! But where are the little grilles for the headlight holes?
Anyone know the part # for the little grills? or the real name?

That look like a really cool process. What kept you from using your stock cross bar and cutting/molding the holes to look like the SS grill? I'm looking at options right now and I think I've come up with a great way to use the stock grill and make it very unique.
the chrome ABS crossbar cant be painted, so i was planing on getting a paint to match one and started looking at the SS one and decided that it was possible to make it fit. I don't think cutting the stock one has enuff depth to it. I'd like to see you plan .

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
Poor SS grille but it does look good. I would color match it also.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts