Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
319 Posts
You just need to make it coarse enough to scuff the chrome, not take it off completely. I think I started with 180 grit and finished it with 220. After you sand, just use a good primer and then whatever color coat you wish to make it. I used Krylon for my paint and finished it off with clear to help protect against the bugs.
:thx for the info.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
Ordered mine.

I just ordered mine today. Mine will be seeing actual use in the field. I've already got 4 led bars on the truck, and will be adding at least two more to the push bumper. Thanks again for helping me with all of my questions. I know some people have gone with mock push bumpers.. but we are LEGIT.

Public Service Announcement

Please note that the poster of this currently is certified through FEMA for crisis response, and that the poster of this also has a permit for the LED lights that they have on their vehicle. :thx

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I had to search for a push bumper online, I cannot find any model specific for a TB, what else has the same mount(s), would a Tahoe model work for a TB? I am torn on whether to get a pushbumper, or a brush/grille guard...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
Don't forget WAAG makes a good push-bar too, and their's is the only one that mounts through the bumper (the tow-hook holes) rather than going underneath the bumper.

Yeah, I'm partial to my WAAG :D

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Don't forget WAAG makes a good push-bar too, and their's is the only one that mounts through the bumper (the tow-hook holes) rather than going underneath the bumper.

Yeah, I'm partial to my WAAG :D
Isn't the WAAG a bull-bar, protecting the lights as well, opposed to just the centre push bar design?

Matt

·
Registered
465 Posts
Isn't the WAAG a bull-bar, protecting the lights as well, opposed to just the centre push bar design?
It comes both ways. I bought mine with just the push-bar portion, as I didn't need to extra protection around the lights. On WAAG's website, they list it as a "center guard". It's solid enough that I have pushed our '97 blazer a few blocks.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
It comes both ways. I bought mine with just the push-bar portion, as I didn't need to extra protection around the lights. On WAAG's website, they list it as a "center guard". It's solid enough that I have pushed our '97 blazer a few blocks.
:thx:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I believe the guard I bought off Dizzlenator is a Westin, but I love it. It doesn't have the upper support bars, just mounts to the frame with 12 bolts, but it hasn't moved in over 3 months!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,357 Posts
I really want one of those... :drool
Doesn't look like you "lost" access to your tow hooks... did you? :undecided

·
Registered
170 Posts
Resurrecting. You ever want to get rid of that bumper I will buy it flat out plus shipping!!! If you still have it...

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is a beautiful rig. I love the colore, and the push bar goes really nice with it.

Gene:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The push bumper is a GoRhino that I got used off Craigslist. A young guy had put it on his mother's Trailblazer and she got tired of it. I paid $250 shipped (heavy!). It has four mounting points and they are all stock factory bolt locations. I looked at several and the GoRhino was the best for the money (plus I like the streamlined design). The two top bolts that hold the brackets behind the grille are just to stabilize and keep from shifting back and forth while driving. When you see the frame mounts, you understand why. VERY easy to install if you can put the vehicle on a lift.
Will this work on my 06? What is different about the 06?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts