Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally installed the front push bumper I got off Craigslist and did the paint work to the chrome bar and bowtie. I debated what to do about the paint and settled on black for the bar and Indigo Blue (same as the TB) for the bowtie. I am aiming for the "mini police Tahoe" (stealthy) look and still have a ways to go. I got the emblems/side moldings/roof rack removal done also. I figured I better take the pictures since it has been a while since it was this clean. More pics to come when further mods are finished. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Looks very clean..and good ---the blue bowtie is a nice touch ;)

I was gonna lose the roof rack myself-just can't live with the little mounting points that are left behind.......

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
Looks great! :thumbsup: What brand is that push bumper?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The push bumper is a GoRhino that I got used off Craigslist. A young guy had put it on his mother's Trailblazer and she got tired of it. I paid $250 shipped (heavy!). It has four mounting points and they are all stock factory bolt locations. I looked at several and the GoRhino was the best for the money (plus I like the streamlined design). The two top bolts that hold the brackets behind the grille are just to stabilize and keep from shifting back and forth while driving. When you see the frame mounts, you understand why. VERY easy to install if you can put the vehicle on a lift.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
looks nice!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
319 Posts
I was thinking of doing this mod but I have no clue what kind of sand paper I need to purchase to remove the chrome part first or can I just paint over it with what kind of paint.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You just need to make it coarse enough to scuff the chrome, not take it off completely. I think I started with 180 grit and finished it with 220. After you sand, just use a good primer and then whatever color coat you wish to make it. I used Krylon for my paint and finished it off with clear to help protect against the bugs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same color TB, and I think you did a great job! It has a very clean look to it. the bull bar is nice and clean. Im from Oregon and all of our state trooper rigs are that blue. and If I saw this TB on the highway then I would def. slow down. great mods!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If I were ever to get a push bar.. it would either be that one or just the simple bull bar that mounts down low... Something to put some lights on...

I do like this style push bar tho...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts