Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my airaid intake and TB spacer installed with a magnaflow exhaust yesterday!!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy
226 Posts
Did you do it all at once or underhood then test and then add exhaust? I'd be curious if the CAI and spacer are good with stock exhaust?

Really I just need to know if the spacer is worth it? I was talking toi a friend and he was under the understanding that a spacer is designed to ad intake manafold volume and olny helps on higher RPM ranges but the advertising claims it's made for off-idle and midrange RPM, anyone?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Most spacers try to advertise upon the advantage of the vortex effect (spinning the air) for a performance increase. The effect is negligible at best and mostly just serves to make noise. On the other hand, the term "vortec" in the engine description tends to the fact that the engine does this already, so in my opinion, the spacer falls into the category of snake oil.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
No problem, theres a ton of information and opinions about almost anything you can think of on here, so search away and see what sounds interesting! That's what were all here for :thumbsup:

Regards,
Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts