Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after numerous mechanics and attempts by myself and buddy's, i finally went out and got the compressor from autozone. The shocks were a complete pain, looking back i shoulda replaced them, cause they caused much to much trouble with the install. But the important thing is that i made it work with some blood sweat and fire. the rear end would have been a mess also but i ignored smaxx's lift instructions and used the bds ones (undoing the upper control arms, and also undo the panhard bar) the axle didn't go down quite easy enough for me to slide everything in but i was able to compress the spring enough with my hands to make everything fit properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've been lifted... haha by tires, and in spirit- i've been offroading this truck since i bought it 2 years ago

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
nice job tom! :thumbsup: cant wait to see it in person :woot:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i'm really liking it, but the rear end is really high! and it rides completely differently, which i'm really liking as well

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
572 Posts
looks great man! Mine was a total pain in the balls too the first time around! I wish I had replaced everything up front when I did mine too. But I didn't so I had to tear it all apart and install the the Bilstein HD's along with new strut mounts.
Any future plans to do the BDS body lift next?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great man! Mine was a total pain in the balls too the first time around! I wish I had replaced everything up front when I did mine too. But I didn't so I had to tear it all apart and install the the Bilstein HD's along with new strut mounts.
Any future plans to do the BDS body lift next?
yeah i happened to be doing mine the night before i went offroading with gordinho so by the time i realized how bad it was, i could only get a set of monroe shocks for 150 bucks- way way too much! if i had just cut the old shocks off it woulda been 10 times easier. as it is unless i wana fit 33's theres really no reason to do a body lift, i barely can get into mu garage as it is, plus i'd asume the body lift is a huge pain in the ass unless i pay a mechanic a [email protected] load of money to install it. right now i'm thinking of getting a set of 32's a/t's as normal street tires instead of running my 30.5 m/t's that are awesome in everything i've put them through but are slightly loud and murder gas mileage... however i'm not sure if 32 a/t will be any different on gas if not worse

Looks great, you were lifted when you went on that trail right?
yeah i was lifted there, i'm one inch higher in the front than gordinho and next time i met up with him we'll have to measure the back. but .5 inch of that is due to the tires. i have smaxx and he has bds with accounts for the other .5 inch

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm quite surprised that noone comented on how dirty the frame and components are... the entire time i was installing it, i was knocking out huge chunks of dirt and mud (all from my wednesday off road adventure) saturday's offroad adventure in the pineys cleaned the rest of it up! its kinda like a hangover, THE ONLY WAY TO CURE THE AFTER EFFECTS OF OFF ROADING IS WITH MORE OFFROADING!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
That dried baked on mud is such a PITA to get out from under the truck. I've taken simple green and pumped it through a 2300 PSI pressure washer and still have all kinds of mud under the truck. By the way.. Simple green helps alot. I keep a gallon of it in the garage for my equipment and for my truck.:m2:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ha yeah it really is but the simple way to solve it is go through some decent water crossings... its really the best way to clean it... when some one says its dirty, you just have to say "that means i have to go offroading again". i also like to hit alot of puddles when it rains:)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i didnt comment on it cause that is how its supose to look aint it.... thats how min eis..
hahah yeah mine was really bad, i had to take off all the wheels to clean out the caked on mud because my truck was hopping down the highway like petter cottontail...:crackup: and i do like to keep my truck in show quality nice and shiny!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
roadie, maybe you don't but i love my car and give it baths and wax it of often... after off roading i come home and wash it, between offroad trips i detail it nicely and buff out the scuffs and scratches. is there really anything wrong with having a clean car some of the time? i know its a big circle that i will never win with keeping it clean but i understand that, and i want you to know i clean mine because it treats me well and doesn't let me down :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
572 Posts
I'm the same way man, get it all muddy then clean it, and repeat the process a few times a month.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I understand where you guys are. My truck lets me know that she appreciates mods more than wax. So I indulge her that way. Sort of like indulging a wife who wants plastic surgery instead of more dresses.

Plus at my age - every hour spent on wax and buffing is an hour not spent wheeling. Time's a wasting! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
yeah i happened to be doing mine the night before i went offroading with gordinho so by the time i realized how bad it was, i could only get a set of monroe shocks for 150 bucks- way way too much! if i had just cut the old shocks off it woulda been 10 times easier. as it is unless i wana fit 33's theres really no reason to do a body lift, i barely can get into mu garage as it is, plus i'd asume the body lift is a huge pain in the ass unless i pay a mechanic a [email protected] load of money to install it. right now i'm thinking of getting a set of 32's a/t's as normal street tires instead of running my 30.5 m/t's that are awesome in everything i've put them through but are slightly loud and murder gas mileage... however i'm not sure if 32 a/t will be any different on gas if not worse

Took me 5 days to get that body lift on....but I did it and I'm 19...so don't get discouraged. I'm now saving for 33's :D

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah roadie i get what you mean...

and shane, its not that i can't do it, cause i wouldn't have trouble installing it, its more of that its more cash and unneeded as of now

1 - 20 of 83 Posts