Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out today and had to buy tires cause the 265/70/17 at's were worn down. I still need to get alignment which i am going to do tomorrow. I was going to get mudterrains but i drive more highway than anything and it is more family truck so i didnt want to go to aggressive. I picked up Kumho Road Venture at KL71. Here are some pics of them muddy. And no trimming, no rubbing. But just to be safe i may trim the rear in front of the tires somehow, because mud just caked up in the rear fender wells.:) I never got stuck and it has been raining here in Dallas constant for the last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
gotta love a little mud on the tires...and the new tires.

I gotta say...i love the look. Personally, i think a truck is ment to be dirty. The way i see it is the mud and dirt are just protecting the paint. Happy trails n' keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
well done. lets see a pic of the tread. I am not sure how to cut the rear, but if they spin fast enough the mud should fly straight out the rear.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
But just to be safe i may trim the rear in front of the tires somehow, because mud just caked up in the rear fender wells.:)
Please be careful trying that. The rear in front of the tires is the back doors. Would hate to see water coming in because a door seal got trimmed.:worried:

I do envy the fact that you have somewhere to go off roading, not many places around here.

ct_mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Yeah i guess i should just keep the pedal down and sling the mud out the back, cuz you just reminded me ct_mike it isnt a good idea. I didnt get a pic of the tread and sorry i got the model number wrong, it is Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78. Here is an online pic of the tread. I love that that i have all that tire to fill in those gaps in the fenders as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
man... they don't really move the mud... i get my tires barely muddy and the entire side of my truck is brown... very nice tho, how much and where'd you get them?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got them for $140 a tire from a local tire shop here in mesquite. I was going to go with Hankooks Dynapro, but i couldnt beat the price for these, so i had to try them out and they come with a 50,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
23 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah i guess i should just keep the pedal down and sling the mud out the back, cuz you just reminded me ct_mike it isnt a good idea. I didnt get a pic of the tread and sorry i got the model number wrong, it is Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78. Here is an online pic of the tread. I love that that i have all that tire to fill in those gaps in the fenders as well.
i think your tire is not best choice for mud!
muche better will be something like this:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think your tire is not best choice for mud!
muche better will be something like this:
Yes that would be awesome but this is not a full time offroad truck. It is a daily driver, family vehicle, and some offroad. That is why i chose what i did and for the price i couldnt pass up. And they got me through the mud just fine.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
23 Posts
Yes that would be awesome but this is not a full time offroad truck. It is a daily driver, family vehicle, and some offroad. That is why i chose what i did and for the price i couldnt pass up. And they got me through the mud just fine.
family vehicle on 33 inches...:)
i think it`s to hard to get in your truck for your family...:)))

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
family vehicle on 33 inches...:)
i think it`s to hard to get in your truck for your family...:)))
Its not as difficult as some would think, pretty easy to me and my fiance even putting the baby in. Its nice knowing that i have the biggest TB around Mesquite maybe even all of Dallas. Ive had alot of people talk to me about it and lots of compliments. Maybe one day I will be on 35's.:) BUt that will be when my son is a little bit older so he can get in a carseat by himself.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
33's and kids are not bad. I had the 2 nephews of the Fiance for the truck show and they are both in seats and had no issues getting them in and out. Only problem was, there were scared to jump down and you had to help them

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
The 33s look good!

Make sure you are wheeling on a legal trail... looks like you were in someone's backyard.

Might just be lucky like me and own the land. I got 255 acres of woods and creeks out one side of town and 22 acres of woods with trails at the edgae of town that when you are on the trail you are 5 feet from a perfectly mowed backyard of a 500,000 doller house. They look at you funny, but it our land. i do agree with not wheeling illlegally though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you have a lift?
Yes if you read my profile it is all in there.

JamesDowning The 33s look good!

Make sure you are wheeling on a legal trail... looks like you were in someone's backyard.
Thanks James, but I hate to say its not legal, as much as i hate doing it. Especially with trying to become a police officer. No legal trails within 2 hrs from me and so I went to this one trail that a lot of locals go to where the cops dont bother messing with no one.
Knock on wood.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts