Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reduced all the way to nothing. I've been thinking about doing this for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. I got some 1" round-top screws that match the thread pattern from Ace Hardware, squirted a little silicon into the holes, threaded them in. I don't mind seeing the nubs up there.

Pics:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
449 Posts
Looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
haha now they are! that looks sooo much better.. take than antenna off! i like your pink crocs btw

·
Registered
2004 chevy
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, those are my "wrenching shoes". I only wear them when I'm wrenching on the truck, or when I really want to wrench my ankle... :dielaugh:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'd love to get rid of the OnStar antenna, but I don't know where to stick it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
I dont know how that antenna is mounted, but if you wanted to maintain
some functionality and "remove" the antenna, you might be able to install it
in the same spot, but inside the cabin, behind the privacy glass.

Never tried it w/ onstar. Installed a friend's Sirius radio in her RX350
and I had to put the antenna inside, behind the rearmost, driverside window.
With the tint, it looks clean from the outside and her radio works perfectly.

Just a thought.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2004 chevy
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been looking into the OnStar thing, and I think I'm just going to try to disable it. I'll pull the antenna, tuck the wiring under the headliner and pull the fuse. I read a post (by using the Search function :yes:) where Roadie said which fuse it is. I hope that'll work.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
I've been looking into the OnStar thing, and I think I'm just going to try to disable it. I'll pull the antenna, tuck the wiring under the headliner and pull the fuse. I read a post (by using the Search function :yes:) where Roadie said which fuse it is. I hope that'll work.
the tint shop that did my windows just took it off. no fuse or anything was taken out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts