Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I'm finally getting a nice aftermarket head unit but need some help...
My trailblazer doesnt have the onstar and doesnt have bose.. do I still need a module and if so which one?

ive just been told different things so i'd appreciate your help..

also one last thing.. if I do need one, should I pay 50 for it on crutchfield or can I get it for a lot cheaper??

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by umm not wanting them and just soldering the wires what exactly do you mean?? And by any chance would you have any pics?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i guess it'd be nice the retain the chimes... where's the cheapest place to get it or is 50 bucks a good deal from crutchfield?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
374 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you buy your head unit from Crutchfield, they throw in the module for free... part of their appeal. If you haven't gotten your head unit yet, that could be the thing to do. They supposedly also give you any other adapters needed, as well as install instructions.

-Phil

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you buy your head unit from Crutchfield, they throw in the module for free... part of their appeal. If you haven't gotten your head unit yet, that could be the thing to do. They supposedly also give you any other adapters needed, as well as install instructions.

-Phil
No, that is not the case. IIRC they offer the module for half price if the headunit is $129 or more.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
$50 for it from Crutchfield is a good price. I paid $95 for mine from a local stereo shop and would gladly do it again just so that I don't have to cut any wiring.

I also do not have ONstar or Bose system, but IMO it was worth the cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts