Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the Factory NAV is no more.. Yanked it out in Favor of a Pioneer DEH-7000bt

Got tired of all the issues I was having with the output from my IPOD.

Here is what replaced the Factory NAV

Pioneer DEH-7000BT - $160.00

PIONEER AVIC-F500BT PORTABLE NAVIGATION GPS 5.8" BT USB - $135.00

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Radio Tuner GEX-P920 XM - $55.00

GMOS-04 - $45.00

Antenna adapter and install kit - $25.00

Not bad and the output was SOOOOOOOO Much Better than Factory NAV.

I should be able to Sell my Factory NAV to recover costs.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL, I fixed the Thread title, I saw how many Mid-Atlantic Guys jumped in and though I sold the TBSS............. NO WAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why did you opt out for a on dash rather an in dash? it would look like a downgrade, minus the audio, that i can understand.
My main goal was to get the most out of my Audio without breaking the bank. I am into the complete setup for less than any indash NAV + XM Receiver.

Also I have 2 cars and It would be eaiser to transfer from one car to another. Since I drive my Grand Prix more and it doesn't have a NAV I figured it would be worth it to have 1 NAV for 2 cars. Besides, I have seen how they can be mounted i and it is no bigger than the Xm Receivers.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha George how many different headunits have you been though now between your Rainier and the SS; Bet it loook sweet; I am still jealous of that setup you had in the Rainier
The Rainer setup was a sweet setup.. I had $1200 in the Touchscreen, overhead dvd, and Lockpick. was a great setup.

But I never found a decent IPOD factory integration kit that didn't have its flaws. So I said forget it and pulled everything out of the TBSS. The new setup will sound 5x better and give me more music options.. I hated not having a MP3 Cd headunit. But I did loose a few nice features of the Factory NAV.. Later down the road, I am gonna pull the factory overhead DVD and replace it with something bigger with FM modulator or direct connect to the Pioneer headunit.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so.... where are the pics?? haha
:iagree::iagree::woohoo::woohoo:
PICS!!!!!
Once I clean everything up.. I had to Pull the Factory XM unit, Navigation, PAC add a Amp, Ipod adapter.

I added, Pioneer XM with Traffic, Pioneer DEH-P400UB (DEHP-7000 was sold out) I also want a Custom install of the Pioneer Portable NAV.. I will have Photos by Friday or Saturday.. Waiting on one more thing to finish Install.

so vibrating the hood wasnt good enough:raspberry:hail::thumbsup:
The output of the IPOD music through the Headunit was aweful.. I should have let you hear the System Playing XM... It sounded soooooo much powerful and I played "Thug Motivation" and It sounded better than ever..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts