Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasn't sure what to do, and i found out I don't like the glasspack. It's from monroe muffler, they kinda make there own and we put it in backwards with the bevels flipped out to make the loudest possible from it. Res off, not sure if i'm stayin with it, Might actually just go buy a FM 40 or 50.....not sure. Whats everyones opinion on 40 -and 50?

Heres a couple pics

give me what you think about a 40 or 50

the drone is Just a little to humming drivin at 1700-1800 RPM. I want to mellow the drone some but still keep a Deeper tone to it. Kinda sounds a little ricey if you ask me. I'll get some clips after the wind blows away here.

·
Premium Member
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,572 Posts
Try one of those glasspac tips like they use on truck cat back systems.
I would think it would get rid of drone and make a mellow sound.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
That's a lot of rust underneath the body... :eek:

One of the downsides of living where they salt the roads during the winter...:yes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah sucks up here where they love to salt roads....nothing you can really do about it when it's your everyday transport!! lol
heres a clip that finally loaded....i'll try two ways to post it:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/countryboycmh08/?action=view&current=DSCN0111.flv

keep in mind.....i just did this about an hour ago and it's very windy....just had a ton of rain come thru......ha days after xmas with STILL no snow....and we live in PA!!! lemme know what you think

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds good but I have the Flowmaster 50 deltaflow series I like it sounds good outside not to deep inside.:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Ive had the 40 series SIDO on 3 of my trucks and I love the 40, one will be going on this TB sometime next year!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no it was new with new c-clamps in case i didn't like the tone.....come on it's winter here !!! salt kills our trucks here!

i think i want to go with the 40 series - single, less $$ not to spend on a bent pipe.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts