Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, after lurking for a few months here, I finally bought a Trailvoy. Actually it is a Buick Rainier. I needed something to tow my heavy Chaparral boat with so I could finally retire my wife's overtaxed minivan from tow duty. Anyway, I discovered that the Buick version comes with just about everything that is optional on the other versions including the G80 locking differential, lower gear ratio and I got the V8, moonroof, AWD and the list goes on. The plus is that the average Rainier buyer is almost 60 years old (I am just over half that age) so they are generally lower in mileage and in much nicer shape than the other Trailblazers and Envoys I looked at. Clearly the owner did not have kids or passengers and there is not a single flaw on the whole thing. I towed the boat yesterday just a short distance but I will say it is a huge improvement over the v6 minivan. The downside is I now have to sell my supercharged Bonneville and drive the minivan while my wife gets the Rainier. Anyway these Trailvoys are great vehicles but I hate to see my Bonneville go.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
Welcome! Keep the Bonneville and loose the mini van...............
:iagree::iagree::iagree:
Welcome to the site. I would think the Bonneville:woot: would be a lot more fun to drive than the mini van.......

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:iagree::iagree::iagree:
I would think the Bonneville:woot: would be a lot more fun to drive than the mini van.......
Well yes it is a lot more fun but not very practical. It takes premium only and does not work well for the family plus it makes you speed like crazy. We sometines need something bigger than the Rainier to haul stuff inside of that we don't want to put in in the Buick or when we need a third row of seats. Also my wife is insisting I get rid of the Bonneville...so happy wife, happy life. Also I have had the Bonneville for 4 years now and I am a little tired of it. Thanks for the welcomes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.