Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question . After a wash yesterday i thought i poke around under the hood . I notice the cover for the intake filter has a hole with a passage in it that goes into a hole in the intake after the filter . does this not mean that air gets bypassed the filter ??

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Not a car guy, huh? I'm not 100% sure why the hole is there, and I don't think it really matters much as far as engine performance is concerned. It is impossible for the air to bypass the filter. If you look at your filter, you will see that it is clamped on to the intake. Nothing passes through the tube without saying hello to the filter first.;)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a car guy, huh? I'm not 100% sure why the hole is there, and I don't think it really matters much as far as engine performance is concerned. It is impossible for the air to bypass the filter. If you look at your filter, you will see that it is clamped on to the intake. Nothing passes through the tube without saying hello to the filter first.;)
i agree , i thought no air should pass the filter ...but if you look at your intake just after you filter there is a hole on the top of the intake tube ....it ....look at your filter cover it sits on that hole and the air comes in the front of intake hole ...goes through filter ...OR goes up through filter cover bypassing filter .....

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you look again, that part of the cover with the hole, is a sealed chamber. It acts as a resonator to muffle the sound of the incoming air. Actually there are two separate sealed chambers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts