Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,307 Posts
yep i did all my interior trim gloss black..It was that textured grey crap so it had to be smoothed and everything....check out my gallery for the pics!

·
Registered
2008 chevy
15,980 Posts
if all you are looking to do is paint them then i would just sand what you have, prep them and paint them.

the only reason i would make new ones is if you were doing something custom like speaker pods or something like that

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,307 Posts
if all you are looking to do is paint them then i would just sand what you have, prep them and paint them.

the only reason i would make new ones is if you were doing something custom like speaker pods or something like that
:iagree:yep exactly! heck i didnt even sand mine smooth,,i did one peice,,realized that it was taking forever so i just scuffed them up with 100grit then coated them with body filler...it took no time at all to coat all my pieces and bodyfiller sands soooooo easy!

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
:iagree:yep exactly! heck i didnt even sand mine smooth,,i did one peice,,realized that it was taking forever so i just scuffed them up with 100grit then coated them with body filler...it took no time at all to coat all my pieces and bodyfiller sands soooooo easy!
i checked out your pics, they look good:yes:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
i have actually made fiberglass molds of door panels...layed on the paints tape started slathering on fiberglass and resin and about 3 thin layers later i had a perfect pop on mold of the door panel. Not to hard to do, the worst thing was finding a way to attach them to the factory door panel.

so basically they were pop on molds. if i find the pics ill post em up they werent on a tb though. i loved it though 1 color one month..got sick of it pop it off sand paint pop em back on it was great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.