Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and didnt find anything so here goes.......
Ok, so you all know my future trailblazer is in my papaws garage, so of course I'm there alot:cool: But I have noticed that sometimes when I stop by to see it the fan is blowing inside. Its just a little like its on level 1 or 2 but I still dont think its supposed to do that... anyone else have this problem?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If you're saying that the fan is running with no key in it or the key is in the OFF position, then that is a problem. That should not happen.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
the A/C fan...
Wheres Roadie for this one? but is'nt it wired to only have power with the key in the on position?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Sorry, guys. I'm in the middle of a camping and offroad trip to Oregon and Washington until 7/27. Only intermittent Internet access.

The blower speed control module (or resistor pack for the manual version) is hooked up to constant, non-switched battery voltage. It's easy to imagine failures that leave the fan running when it's supposed to be off. Been discussed at least twice, but it's difficult to find in a search.

Swap the resistor pack.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
:confused:Are you talking about the A/C fan or the electric radiator fan? Although ours typicaly have a mechanical cooling fan.
HUH ? Electric radiator fan ?

A/C FAN ?

Huh ?

the truck only had 1 fan and it's the cooling fan in the engine bay or (dog house) unless he switched to e-fans that fan is only operational when the engine is running

as for the hvac blower motor, yes it will stay on for a few seconds if the original owner bought the "internal evaporator dryer option" what this does is it will turn on the blower and turn on the heat inside the cabin so the evaporator dries up quicker so there is no "smell" when he turns it back on

only a few tb / envoys had this, it was removed as an option just like the lights, some dic features and overall things that could of made this truck great

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Thats why I stated ours usually have a mechanical fan. I had no idea of an A/C fan that stays on, thats why I asked what I did. I don't purport to know all:bonk:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry i have just always heard it called a "fan" not a blower....
but I was sitting in it today after I had the A/C running and a few minutes after I turned it off the blower came on for about 10 minutes and when it went off it never came back on
I took a picture of it today too btw...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Since I have been a member of this site, I have come to the conclusion that you can pretty much take anything the roadie says as 100% dead on! This cat knows these trucks inside and out! Just my :m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
I know this is for the tahoe, but the procedure is teh same for the TB

Here is a little known service proceedure that can stop your Tahoe's HVAC system from getting that musty smell casued by mildew.

Some owners of 2007 full-size utilities and pickups with Automatic and Manual Climate Control (RPO CJ2 , CJ3, or C67) may comment of a musty odor from the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. This condition occurs most often on initial startup after the vehicle was driven on a hot, humid day. The condition may be caused by condensation build-up on the evaporator core, which does not evaporate by itself in high humidity conditions.

The 2007 full-size pickup trucks and utilities have an option to enable afterblow on vehicles equipped with Automatic and Manual Climate Control. This is different from previous years, where the only way to prevent repeat A/C evaporator core odor concerns was to install an afterblow module kit.

TIP: Do not enable the afterblow function until its purpose and operation are explained to the customer and they approve the change.

Once the afterblow option has been enabled, the blower motor will turn on approximately 10 minutes after the vehicle is shut off. The blower motor will run continuously for 10 minutes at a 30% duty cycle. The afterblow function will activate only if the air conditioning compressor was engaged during conditions of high ambient temperature. If the vehicle is started within 10 minutes of the last key off, the afterblow function from the previous key cycle will be cancelled.

Turn this option ON in the HVAC Control Module instead of installing the Electronic Evaporator Dryer Module Kit referred to in the Air Conditioning Odor bulletin 99-01-39-004A.

To enable afterblow:

1. Verify the Tech 2 is updated with the latest software.

2. “Build” the vehicle on the Tech 2.

3. Use the following Tech 2 pathing:

Vehicle Control Systems > Select engine > Module Setup > HVAC Control Module > Afterblow Option

4. Follow the on-screen directions.

So either you do have the option or you might have a faulty resistor pack, but then again verify that all speeds are working if they are, i would point to the afterblow

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.