Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 04 tb and a week later hit a deer. The deer did not survive and the tb was injured a good bit. Needless to say I had my stepdad paint and do the body work on the trailblazer. It looks great but the problem is my fan is warped and wobbles. I doesn't hit anything and it doesn't run hot, but should I replace it?

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
No i wouldn't replace it if there isn't any problems with the TB yet. But i would however check for loose bolts and such.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It wobbles when spinning, or when you pull on the blades when it's stopped? If it's the second issue, then you probably have a failing water pump bearing, and that can cause a lot of damage if it goes altogether.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just when its spinning. its warped

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
Are you sure it is actually wobbling or does it just LOOK like it's wobbling. It is kinda hard to explain, but the plastic rotating shroud seems to be cast off-centre on many vehicles, and it looks like it is wobbling when it's not.

As long as it is running true and the edge is not wobbling, then it may be just the way it looks. (It is very strange and I scratch my head every time I look under the hood. Maybe someone on here can explain this or describe this better.)

Follow Roadie's advice and pull back and forth on it while stopped to see if it is loose on the bolts or if the water pump bearings are going bad. If it's solid, take a real close look at it and see if it truly is wobbling or if the casting is just warped or off-center. (As long as it stays in balance, it should be okay.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts