Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going. Hi everyone. Honestly first vehicle thread I've ever joined. Dont know why I've never before.

So. 03 trail. Fan high speed. I went ahead and replaced my fan clutch because the individual I purchased it from had one in box and said it was needed and I agree.

After replacing 30 minutes later the codes came back (P0495) to my surprise. I've searched the thread already but needed a more firm answer personally. What steps should I take to fix this problem. I read the harness but seeing as it's a new part completely the harness was as well.

Unless there is another harness that need replacing. Look forward to hearing from someone. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
451 Posts
You 'might' have a short to power somewhere in the control circuit for the fan or a failed relay/module or the like.

Question; if you hold the rpm at about 1500 to 2000 does it sound like a jet engine (a lot fan roar?).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Absolutley it does. I figured that's why it was high but never would have deduced that problem.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You could try removing the relay/module that is the control for the fan and then again hold the rpm at about 2000 for up to 2 minutes and see if the fan slows down. It can take 2 minutes at 2000 rpm for this to happen. Yoy WILL likely get another code for having the relay/module out, but if the fan then slows you would know it can disengage as it should. What brand was the new one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could try removing the relay/module that is the control for the fan and then again hold the rpm at about 2000 for up to 2 minutes and see if the fan slows down. It can take 2 minutes at 2000 rpm for this to happen. Yoy WILL likely get another code for having the relay/module out, but if the fan then slows you would know it can disengage as it should. What brand was the new one?
Thanks again. Not entirely sure I'll have to get back to you. I'll definetly try it out and reply on the morrow since it is 99+ outside still and I'm done dying for the day.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Here is a picture of the fan relay/module removed as I test for continuity through the clutch fan solenoid to ground.

IMG_20200704_145824.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts