Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when you Delete/Replace/Swapout the fan clutch to an electric fan setup, your vehicle will report back to your PCM as a failure or Check Engine light event P1481, making it impossible to pass a state inspection in the future... If anyone knows of a solution to that, I'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,981 Posts
Just for the sake of disseminating information.... The PCM pulls the fan speed sensor signal line high (5 volts) and the speed sensor grounds it out 6 times per revolution. So one could test a speed sensor to determine the degrees of rotation for each low pulse, and then choose a desired speed to report and program an Arduino (or equivalent) to do the grounding of the speed sensor signal wire in place of the real thing. Wouldn't require any more circuitry than the Arduino board itself. Alternatively one could get fancy and add some circuitry to the Arduino setup and do something like adjust fan rpm you choose to report to the PCM according to something like the engine rpm or similar parameter.

Don't know why but this embedded youtube sucks. The sound doesn't seem to come through. The video at the youtube site works correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is anyone looking for an adapter for there OEM fan shroud? Also, I do have the device back from beta testing. It prevents the ECU from registering the P1481 code. It makes the computer think you still have the clutch fan connected. Once plugged in, you could use any electric fan set up. You connect it either by hard wire or cut the clutch fan wires, place a connector and add in the device. Let me know all who are interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is anyone looking for an adapter for there OEM fan shroud? Also, I do have the device back from beta testing. It prevents the ECU from registering the P1481 code. It makes the computer think you still have the clutch fan connected. Once plugged in, you could use any electric fan set up. You connect it either by hard wire or cut the clutch fan wires, place a connector and add in the device. Let me know all who are interested. Thanks.
Me. Where can I get it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts