Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had new fan clutch installed a few days ago,,when i first start it.sometimes i get the low roar for 15 sec to 2 min...sometimes not at all,,i didnt have this with original fan. dealer install, so it the oem one

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
I think it is, and it depends on how it was oriented when stopped. Nothing under your control. It also aids AC cooling on start-up.
Agree with the "roadie" on this one, per my observations. The EV clutch has a check valve/ball, that affects the distribution of the internal fluid coupling at shut down. Depending on ambient temp./ time of non use/ valve position, the fluid connection may or may not be primed. Mine is the same way. Sometimes hooked up and roaring, sometimes Nada. Usually gone in a couple of Mins. after warm-up. Never had a problem with it in 3 years/21k miles of on/off highway use. The default setting from the PCM in a failure, is full on (roaring/jet sound) to prevent overheating.

What was the reason for the replacement of the factory '07 fan to begin with ? Just looking for info. to add to our files.

Thanks & good luck....Mike

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the dealer was great,threw in new ign switch too..:thumbsup:,unlike nissan dealer,when i had frontier,they would not replace anything:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
56 Posts
What does the EV clutch look like?
Does it have a cable running to it?

Interesting, as I know exactly the roar you guys are referring to.

My reasoning, although weird, went like this:
cold temps will have the clutch engaged 100%
This, I believe, is so the clutch 'defaults' to engaged, if it is ever to fail.

During start-up, there is the roar, then the temp starts warming up.
Clutch freewheels.

When temps climb considerably more, it re-engages.

Crazy? :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.