Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I am Ralph and I am sort of new here. I haven't posted before because I have been searching the forums and learning. I sold my 99 Tahoe and got an 06 TB with only 26K miles on it! I was the founder and owner of the Tahoe/Yukon mailing list/forum over on Yahoo Groups for many years and just recently turned over the reins to a loyal member.

I have a problem and come to you for advice on it. A few months ago the fan clutch on my 06 TB went out and my son replaced it for me. He did not tell me that the plastic fan blade was in bad shape and thet the ring that encircles it was cracked.

Well, Sunday night, I gunned it to pass and heard a loud noise and immediately got the Stabilitrak service warning. Pulled over and saw fluid dripping and expected a radiator hole. Luckily when the ring around the fan blade disintegrated it did not hit the radiator- it was from the windshield fluid reservoir which it punctured.

After limping home, I found a lot of the radiator shroud missing and no ring around the fan at all and some mangled up blades. That I can handle fine. BUT looking below, I see a wiring harness that has some cut/frayed/stripped wires. It appears to pick up the Left Front wheel speed sensor, then crosses under the radiator sort of in the bumper and there is a 4 pin plug hanging down with nothing mating to it. Then it continues to the passenger side and connects to the right front wheel sensor. Two airbag sensors in the bumper also tie into this, but those yellow wires are not damaged.

The connector has brn-blu-blk and blk/wht wires going to it. Can anyone possibly look on their 06 or elsewhere to tell me what part was connected to this?

I really appreciate it and I am learning a lot from you folks!

Ralph
Atlanta GA

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could anyone please look under their front bumper/radiator and help me out by telling me what that connector connects to? I have to fix this tomorrow when I fly back into town and I only have the weekends at home.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
94 Posts
I drive an 03 and I am laying in bed so I can't help by looking under the truck right now. Keep in mind that Autozone will check any codes your truck is throwing for free. That should help you to narrow it down. My guess is the wiring to the fan clutch and that harness can be purchased separately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts