Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new wheels with Falkon Ziex S/TZ04. Anyone have these on their wheels. I'm happy with the way they look size is perfect. But I have a noticeable wobble or shake at high speed on the freeway!

Here's what happend...

First I get the deal. 22's with tires for $1000 plus tax and labor. Total's $1200.
Then they only have 265/35/22's in Sunny and Nexan Tires. But they found a set of used Falkon's in 265/40/22. Two were almost new the the other two (probably the back one's) had noticeable wear. They said I could get these for the same price or get two more new ones for $240. I agreed, they bring over 2 new ones and start mounting them with the other one's. Then tell me oh It's $80 for locks. I said those tires aren't brand new. Throw in the locks for free and you got a deal. Well the owner say's no, $80 for nut's and locks and then come back tommorw for 2 more brand new tires.

They swithed the front one's out for the older of the 4 used set. I think that they balanced the rims for use with the newer tires then switched to the older of the set and that's why they aren't balanced right. Also the wheel weights are the stick on kind and a few were just slapped on and look like they will just fall off... I guess I'll have to wait until I go back tommorow. I'll post a few pics then update when I get the new ones...

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,405 Posts
Only by getting them road forced balanced with a technician that knows what he is doing can you be assured of a vibration free ride.

My first set of aftermarket upsized tires were Falkans. One of them had to be replaced in the first week because of not being within spec for correct balance. Road force balancing found the bad tire. Not all shops have the equipment to road force balance.

The tires may be used because the first owner couldn't get them to balance properly. :undecided

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.