Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Since the wife and kids are out of town visiting her sister in indy. I was actually able to complete some work on the truck!

First I replaced the outer tie rods....then had an alignment done.

1.Took the roof rack off.
2.Removed the side moldings
3.Removed the Chevy badge on the back but kept the Trailblazer.
4.Replaced both tie rod ends and had an alignment done.
5.Paited the side mirror covers to match. (I'll get to the outside handles if I can figure out how to get them off!)
6.Fixed scratches and chips in paint.
7.Clayed it.
8.Waxed and waxed, and waxed!
9.Finished painting the rear calipers. (I wanted the paint to be just a little darker so I added some darker High temp engine enamel to the caliper paint.)

Still getting use to it not having the rack or molding. Kind of like when you shave your mustache off after having one for so long...I guess Ill give it a few days to get use to!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
man that looks good. I am about to paint my mirror caps as soon as it stops raining. ? about that. can you drive with your caps off? Also i am worried about matching the paint anyone out there know what color to use. I have a silverstone metallic. Thanks for the help/

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
man that looks good. I am about to paint my mirror caps as soon as it stops raining. ? about that. can you drive with your caps off? Also i am worried about matching the paint anyone out there know what color to use. I have a silverstone metallic. Thanks for the help/
automotivetouchup.com

just plug in your color.....worked well for my girlfriends honda :thumbsup:

i love the color of your truck....i wanted blue....:yes:

looks like it was a good weekend.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work but i would plug those rack holes :thumbsup:

I plugged them with plastic plugs from ace hardware then painted them to match. I think Im going to have my neighbor (auto glass guy, but real god at body work) help me get ride of them altogether

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
automotivetouchup.com

just plug in your color.....worked well for my girlfriends honda :thumbsup:

i love the color of your truck....i wanted blue....:yes:

looks like it was a good weekend.

Thanks, I like the blue to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts