Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I got. 07 TB LT with non bose. I wanted to run a 4 channel amp so I got the PAC RCA box to run RCA cables right from the head unit. I couldn't figure out how to get wires out to the speakers in the doors so I tapped into each speaker at the pillars where the wires come in from the doors (if that makes sense). Once I made sure it was the correct wires, I cut the wires about 6 inches downstream so now I've bypassed wherever the factory wires head to in the back of the truck from the speakers. I did that for all four, installed the amp, made my ground and went to put the positive lead on and heard a 'pop' noise. I immediately disconnected the power, got really nervous, but everything seemed to work. The radio turns on, I can control it from the steering wheel, change bands, go to xm, etc, so I thought I was in good shape. I had to leave for work, so as a quick solution, I just reconnected the factory wires to the speakers on the left side of the truck to get some audio for my 40 minute drive. But no sound came out. Not only that, I tried the headphone jack in the back for the rear passengers and no sound there either. Is there a fuse that would do that? I mean allow the radio to turn on but no audio to play? I'm soo confused now. I hope I didn't blow some internal radio fuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just to be clear

Just to be clear, if fuse 41 is blown, the radio would not work at all? Still confused but will get back to it tomorrow if it doesn't snow. IF speakers are blown, they would still work, just sould bad? Or can you blow them enough to where they would not work at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PAC box (PAC AOEMGM24 Add An Amp Interface, For Select GM Vehicles) plugs directly into the headunit, which runs to a black box, and on the other side of the box, the factory harness plugs into it, and it gives you 2 pair of RCA cable outs for a 4 channel amp, or two subs, etc. I haven't gotten that far yet, remember from my initial post, I was just trying to temporarily go back to factory (after I cut all the speaker wires) and get 2 speakers working so I could listen to some tunes on my way to work, then I realized that they were not working. That's when I got nervous. Hopefully tomorrow I could post that everything worked itself out and I'm good to go, but I'm seriously doubtful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts