Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I apologize if this thread seems like a duplicate but I've already searched the forums and can't find the info I need.

I recently purchased this factory DVD headrest system:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...me=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123&salenotsupported

My questions are:
1. Is there a wiring harness I can purchase to adapt to one of the factory controls for power/ground?
2. do I have to exclusively use the FM transmitter or can I hard wire to the factory radio?
3. Does anyone have any experience with the factory headrest DVD systems? I've only seen them as displays in my local dealership and this pictures online. They are $1800 at the dealer and I got them for $400 brand new so I'm curious of their quality.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
363 Posts
mudcat12,
It is a plug and play system with that setup you bought. The factory GM system, which is what you got, has harnesses to plug into everything...if I remember correctly all the connections are made under the center console. There is a company called Invision that makes the GM system and sells one of their own, which is very similar, but theirs needs some connections spliced in. Great deal you got on that system. I am looking for an identical one in gray for my TB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.