Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just wondering if there was a way to use the existing factory gps so you could perform data logging. It would have to be a system where you could download or transfer the path that one took during a previous session. Of course, it is an option to purchase an add-on unit that could act as a front-end where you could do any programming, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has every done this and whether it is possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Google is Your Friend

Do you mean tapping into the On*Star GPS receiver? A quick google search revealed the following URL (and many others) : http://members.cox.net/onstar/

I have no idea if this will work with your truck, so the next thing to do is more research. All standard disclaimers apply.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks. Found that one again as I remember seeing it several years ago too. This is definitely a step in the right direction but I was wondering if anyone had devised a way to automate it further. Something along the lines of storing the route that one has driven on a sd card or nvram chip so it could be retrieved and plotted at a later date. The laptop interface is nice but not very practical for regular use.

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts