Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2008 gmc envoy with the factory bose 6 dic indash changer. I am wanting to know what would sound better the bose speakers or swapping then with my infinity kappa components for the front and infinity kappa 3 ways for the rear. so if you could please give me some advice on the best sound quality. also if i did change the speakers would the factory bose amp run the infinity's i think they are 2 ohm but not shure.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Bose (although "premium" from a factory standpoint) is fairly terrible in the big picture.

Infinity Kappas, run off the factory HU/amp will be equally ****ty -- possibly worse. You'd have to run an aftermarket deck/amp imo (or factory deck and a CleanSweep) to get any decently clean signal to run aftermarket components... But even then, I hate the Kappas. They are way too harsh for my tastes.

I'd say keep the factory for now. Then save up a little cash to re-do the system.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
And with the Bose Premium, the front door speakers are subs/woofers/mids and the dash are mids/tweets. (not sure on the frequency cut-offs, but something like that)
So adding components isn't that easy.

I'd say either just add a sub to what you have, or put in a new HU, amps, and speakers.

Yeah, I also think they're 2 ohm. Like I said - changing the front speakers isn't that simple but if the rears are blown - I think the kappa's would be OK there. (Rears - 5 1/4's - some did 6 1/2's on top of the factory mount but I'd be suspect of speaker to grill clearance)

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I actually like the way the front bose speakers sound but you just can't hear the back ones so i thought i would just upgrade them if it is possible.
you could physically swap them out, but you might not get the results you want

I ran amplified coaxs back there, they sounded good (well, better then OEM) if you were sitting in the backseat but were still hard to hear up front

I swapped out to comps and mounted the tweets near the middle of C pillars and on the same power as the coaxs they sound great up front - on half their rated RMS power

As chevtrlblzr pointed out, its not easy to integrate with the bose amp.....I ditched all the factory stuff so getting a FR signal to the rear comp xovers was easy:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.